Add Search option to the Categories Selection in the product editor

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request Add Search option to the Categories Selection in the product editor

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

Can you add a search function to this particular Category Selection.

I know there is a search function when the option of “Disable Category Checklist View” in the dashboard settings is check off to create a “flat view” but we like this option better for selecting categories. Can this particular Category Selection also have a search function?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Eduard de Boer

+ Add a new category. Can this be turned off for the user? in woocommerce

Craig
      Participant

Yes this can be turned off. I just can’t remember where/how…but you can.

This page may help:
      https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/259647/how-to-remove-the-add-category-button-from-the-category-metabox

Hopefully the WC Lovers support can chime in as they may have a better suggestion.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You may disable this from WCFM Capability section for vendors.

For category selection please try this addon – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1znUbF22LEaqQjZQUKj6lHBBodGaZ7yiQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

In addition to adding the search function to the categories tree.
      Are you able to make the collapsing arrow function work on all the sub-categories as well. The arrow only seems to be applied to the top parent.

In my case it is “Products” or “Services”

Right now when I click on the arrow pointing to the “Products” or “Services” parent category it expands every sub category and children category under it. This makes it very difficult to scroll through the sub categories when there are many.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks so much

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, search under category tree not possible.

Either you may disable this option from WCFM Admin Setting -> Dashboard – https://ibb.co/sqGYvy9

Or, use this hierarchy addon – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_vQ91STSMjrO9OKN6B_ufRp5ij0affo/view?usp=sharing

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for this suggestion. I like the functionality of the alternate category selector you suggest by “disable this option from WCFM Admin Setting -> Dashboard”

BUT can you confirm if a child category is only selected through this type of category selection does the parent categories automatically get selected as well?

For example if I type in “shirts” and select that category will it also include the item when it’s parent (women’s clothing) is filtered? or does the vendor also need to type and select the parent category as well?

I’m assuming that the parent categories need to be selected as well and so this is where the display of the hierarchy is helpful so the vendor can see what the related categories are.

productsexport
        Participant

Craig Check this plug-in:

Parent Category AutoCheck + Category Tree Checklist
        Preserves the category hierarchy on the post editing screen + Check Parent Automatically + Auto scroll to first checked

I have tried this and it works great in the Shop Admin section.

But for vendors, it doesn’t work…

If you find a better solution let me know… I need the same thing for vendors…

Managing the categories selection process is actually one of the most important functions for vendors. I wish WCFM would look into that and fix their category selection method.

> Are you able to make the collapsing arrow function work on all the sub-categories as well. Right now when I click on the arrow pointing to the “Products” or “Services” parent category it expands every sub category and children category under it. This makes it very difficult to scroll through the sub categories when there are many.

I would like to see your suggestion get implemented as well

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

BUT can you confirm if a child category is only selected through this type of category selection does the parent categories automatically get selected as well?

– Sorry, this is not happen automatically

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

WC Lovers do you see this as an future feature that can be implemented or is it too closely tied to woocommerce/wordrpress that it needs to be an enhancement that they have to do? Or is it possible that your plugin can do this eventually?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Which feature? Category search or parent category auto-select on child category selection?

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

The main issue is the navigation of the category list and make the collapsing arrow function work on all the sub-categories as well. The arrow only seems to be applied to the top parent.

In my case it is “Products” or “Services”

Right now when I click on the arrow pointing to the “Products” or “Services” parent category it expands every sub category and every children category under it. This makes it very difficult to scroll through the sub categories when there are so many sub categories.

It would be so very helpful to have the ability to collapse/expand the children categories

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

You were using hierarchy addon – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_vQ91STSMjrO9OKN6B_ufRp5ij0affo/view?usp=sharing

Is this not fit with your requirement ?

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

We will try this out. Thanks for this suggestion.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Add Search option to the Categories Selection in the product editor’ is closed to new replies.