Adding a Filter Option for Vendors (to filter vendors NOT products)

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Marketplace (WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace) Adding a Filter Option for Vendors (to filter vendors NOT products)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chloe
      Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to create a user flow that works like this:

user enters address >>> user then chooses a pickup location (a geo-located custom post type) >>> user then sees a list of all vendors available for that pickup location

For example, if the user enters their address and then selects LOCATION-A, I want them to then see all vendors that deliver to that pickup location.

The part where I’m stuck is the part where I can filter the vendors by a custom value, ie the pickup location the user selected. I have a couple ideas for an approach:

1) Pickup locations are simply CATEGORIES and I filter vendors by that CATEGORY (or custom taxonomy)
      or
      2) Pickup locations are ACF SELECT VALUES and I filter vendors by a a custom query META_KEY

I have geolocation working, the custom post type working, vendors working, I just need to be able to somehow tie pickup locations to a filtered vendor list. I’m an experienced developer so I’m fine with completely rebuilding templates and writing custom queries, I’m just not sure exactly what I’m supposed to be calling. I’ve been trying for several hours to dissect the [wcfm_stores] shortcode from the class-wcfmmp-shortcode.php file, but while I can strip out most things and get the vendors to display, I cannot seem to filter them by any meaningful value. The best I can do is create a template that displays an un-styled list of all vendors.

I’m open to other ideas or options for the user flow/journey, I just really need to be able to tie a pickup location into each vendor in a prominent way. If this is only possible with Ultimate, that’s not a barrier for me. I’m really open to anything.

Can you help point me in the right direction for this?

Thank you very much!

chloe
      Participant

Anyone have any ideas?

I still have not heard from the direct support request I submitted for the ‘categories for vendor’ solution I’ve seen mentioned in a few threads. If it’s not possible, that’s ok, I’d just like a little feedback.

Thanks!

chloe
      Participant

Ok, I’ll just mark this as “there is no solution and this isn’t possible” and move on to a different vendor solution.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.