Commission Per Category

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have different commissions for different categories while still having membership system that decides different features for different vendors.

As you know woocommerce already supports commission per category by default, but all multi vendor plugins override that settings.

Also all big online stores they have different commissions per categories.

So.. is this a possibility ?

Thank You.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“As you know woocommerce already supports commission per category by default” – I am not getting this, WooCommerce does not have any commission setting by default!

Well, WCFM Marketplace will not have any commission rule for categories. It will have commission rule by vendors sales and product price.

Actually, category rule has an issue – suppose a product associated with two categories and they have different commission rule then which will be applicable on product sales?

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

(Check attached screenshot)

This commission option can be set for each category, I tested out with Dokan before I buy wcfm, it worked. I don’t know if it is woocommerce or dokan feature.

Amazon and other big companies have different commissions for different categories.

Check this online store which is owned by Amazon : https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/ae_category_fees/c/

As you can see as a business you cannot have them all same commission, of course it is not 100% needed, but it is advanced business model!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

First of all, this is from Dokan and not from WooCommerce.

Actually, we did some research and found that, it was an option few days/years back. But now most of the big e-commerce companies prefer to pay depending upon seller’s profile or product price.

I already told you main problem of category rules – suppose a product associated with two categories and they have different commission rule then which will be applicable on product sales?

In recent days, most popular commission model is depending upon product price. A commission rule for < $100 products, and separate rule for > $100 products. WCfM Marketplace will have these.

Thank You

Participant

If I set a commission rate for a specific category, example “front page product category”, and set it higher than the vendor default commission, then would the category commission rate override the vendor default rate for the product(s) in this category? Im yet to test this, but that would be cool and let me charge a higher rate for front page products.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Commission Per Category’ is closed to new replies.