Coupons and Commission

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

• This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jose.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jose
      Participant

I would like to improve the relationship between the discount coupons and the administration commission.

An example:

I have a fixed and global commission to all stores of 15%.

I wish for black friday to make a discount coupon for all stores with a 15% discount.

To not assume the cost of this discount coupon, I change that day the commission to 0%, and I warn stores about it, so they do not assume that cost either.

Everything looks very good, but the problem is that if any customer buys that day without a discount coupon, the store will be the only one benefited, since they can sell their products at 100% of the price and without commission.

Will it be possible to make some adjustment to identify the purchase without coupon and in that case maintain the 15% commission?

Thank you,

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“To not assume the cost of this discount coupon, I change that day the commission to 0%, and I warn stores about it, so they do not assume that cost either.”

– Why this? There is a setting option at Commission setting panel -> Commission after deduct discounts?

Now, if you disable this then vendor commission will calculate on product’s actual price, coupon discount will not be considered.

Hope this will resolve your purpose, and no require to change commission percent.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

Your answer was very clear and I thank you for that.

The only problem I see is the information that is displayed for the seller in the mail and in the orders when a customer (the day of black friday) uses the OFF coupon. (CASE 2)

Apparently he is not showing the reduced commission. Instead the administrator shows it correctly (admin view)

Regards,

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Jose
      Participant

Need to add another image

Attachments:
        Jose
        Participant

Hi,

I forgot to ask something related to the generation of the coupon. Is it possible to add the from and to? Instead of Coupon expiry date? Since it currently requires a manual enablement. The programming will always be better.
        It is inevitable that I wish there were programming here to disable the Commission after deduct discounts (Maybe only for Admin like Black Friday Purpose).

Regards,

Jose
      Participant

Update !

It’s not necessary my request about programing disable the Commission after deduct discounts, I made a test with this case and work fine.

Just need it the from and to !

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Possibly you have setup commission “For Admin”

Please tweak this to “As Vendor” and take a look.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Well, I use commission for admin, because is more clear to me and vendors. Commission is like a fee.

But, can you please compare screen order view (admin vs vendor) because I say that only admin view correctly the commission fee.
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/coupons-and-commission/#post-51845

Case 2 was:

Product price: 1000
      coupon 15%: 150

Commission fee: 50 (because was the difference between 200-150) I have global commission of 20%

To vendor: 800

The same issue happend with email to vendor case 2
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/coupons-and-commission/#post-51850

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, I use commission for admin, because is more clear to me and vendors. Commission is like a fee.

OK, no issues. Then it’s showing right to vendors.

Total product cost 1000 and vendor commission 800

Now, rest is for Admin Fee – 200

May be Admin allowed coupon discount so he is getting 150, instead 200. But vendor’s commission does not consider that, so he is seeing 200.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

May be Admin allowed coupon discount so he is getting 150, instead 200. But vendor’s commission does not consider that, so he is seeing 200.

Yes, admin allowed coupon for 15% (150) so he is getting just 50 !!

Ok, I will talk only about Case 2:

In this case I do not agree with the use of the commission concept, nor how the numbers are shown.

In my case the commission (a charge to discount) is for the Administrator. Therefore, the balance is a value to be charged by the seller with the withdrawal request. I understand how complex it is to modify depending on the case if you choose commission for the administrator or the seller.

For this I can hide the commission in the seller’s view from the list of orders.

More important, it seems to me that the detail of the order is shown differently. The administrator’s view seems much closer to reality. The only thing that would be missing is to show the gross price.

On the other hand, in the seller’s view, the gross price is shown, but the use of a coupon is not shown and it is not clear then why the invoice should be made. (remember that in my country is done in a different way to what the bill offers within this system)
      I’m imagining a seller’s query saying: I do not understand.

Regards,

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

wp-content\plugins\wc-frontend-manager\views\orders\wcfm-view-orders-details.php

– This is order details template, you may override this at child theme\wcfm\orders and may tweak as per your requirement.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

Ok, I will try !!

But the same happend with the order email to vendor, show the same and I’m not sure if I can make the same.

Regards,

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I was trying to changes something in the file that you tell me, but it was frustrating.

I have a first problem… How vendor know for how much he need to make a invoice (manual invoice in paper)

Her product cost 1000 and he have 20% admin commission.
      But the admin made a 15 off this day. (disable Commission after deduct discounts)

So, for me the customer see:

1000 – 150 (coupon)
      Total = 850 to paid

We need that vendor see the same, because he need to made a invoice for 850

But, after he know that have just only 5% of commission, because 20%-15% = 5%

So in her order detail will be better that he see just 50 for commission.

Then 850 – 50 = 800 her gain

After that, he make a withdrwal request for 800

And I make a invoice for 50 to vendor.

So, how can I try to make vendor order view idem admin order view ?

I hope you undertand my request, I saw wc order detail and made the same, don’t understand why never show the initial cost 1000

Regards,

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I’m come back, because I found another problem or insufficient information for the vendor.

I made a test with a coupon discount of 10% from the vendor in this case.

So the issues are:

1.- Vendor don’t know what is the discount that see
      Admin know that is a coupon (and see what coupon)
      2.- Both, the admin and the vendor know how much was the purchase.
      But vendor need a calculator to know it.
      3.- Last one. We don’t use tax just the final for products and shipping.
      Why vendor view show it ?

I know that admin view are exact to Woocommerce show in orders, and I undertand that you need to make a new view for every vendor.
      The same happend with the detail of product price, Woocommerce don’t show the gross value, just show the price minus discout and show in grey the discount value at rigth of product item.

But I would like, if you can help me, to have the same order items like admin in the vendor order view. For me have all info that need it.

I know that all code are inside of <table class=”wc-order-totals”> but I can’t to show the same info in both order views (admin and vendor).

I hope you can.

Best regards,

Attachments:
      Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I have good news !

Resolved !, I made a lot of test changing the code and was successfull.

Regards,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Coupons and Commission’ is closed to new replies.