Pre Sales Question regarding WCFM Ultimate and PDF Vocher use

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WC Marketplace Pre Sales Question regarding WCFM Ultimate and PDF Vocher use

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      John

Hi,
      Hope you can help. I have a query regarding how PDF Vouchers work from a customer communication and vendor perspective in a multi vendor marketplace.

I am trying to find out how vendors of vouchers get terms and usage info to purchasers via email on purchase.

Customer buys a voucher and PDF is emailed to them with the additional option of downloading from my account. Is there any mechanism to tell them how to use the voucher and where? Say, a product / voucher specific message in an email to someone purchasing a yoga class voucher from a vendor on a marketplace. I’m thinking like groupon where you get a voucher and the terms, where to use the voucher, what time, etc are contained in the communications from them when you purchase a voucher.

Would these terms and instructions need to be included in the PDF background image graphic (which seems a bit messy involving site admin / plus other vendors would have access to this info when choosing the style of voucher when creating / adding a product in WCFM), or is there a better way? Like a product custom field the vendor can add to the purchase email, or a plugin like “Woo Custom Emails Per Product” that the vendor can use with WCFM.

Thanking you in advance,

John

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

I am not sure which PDF voucher plugin you have tried!

WCfM works with this – https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-pdf-vouchers-wordpress-plugin/7392046
      And it’s documentation very clear to describe how this works, please go though this once.

Thank You

John

Hi

Thank you for the info. I am delighted to hear that WCFM Ultimate supports this plugin as it is exactly what I need.

Regards, J

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

mail1
      Participant

Hi,

I now have WCFM Ultimate (really like it) and WP PDF Vouchers installed.

Two issues have arisen:

1 – When adding a voucher product using WCFMU, I need to set the product as Virtual (no shipping) and Downloadable (so PDF Voucher menu and options appear for vendor to use). When saving the product I get the following error: “Downloadable file is required.” However, my understanding is that the PDF download is generated on a successful purchase. In this instance (PDF Voucher) surely no download needs to be specified. Please advise.

2 – I notice and extra dropdown option which is out of alignment. What is this dropdown for? Screen shot attached.

Thanking you in advance,

John

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

1. Kindly add this code for the resolving this –

function wcfm_product_fields_custom_downloadable( $downloadable_fields, $product_id, $product_type ) {
      	if( isset( $downloadable_fields['downloadable_files'] ) && isset( $downloadable_fields['downloadable_files']['options'] ) && isset( $downloadable_fields['downloadable_files']['options']['file'] ) ) {
      		unset( $downloadable_fields['downloadable_files']['options']['file']['custom_attributes'] );
      	}

return $downloadable_fields;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_product_fields_downloadable', 'wcfm_product_fields_custom_downloadable', 20, 3 );

2. I think it’s visible only for vendors. We will resolve this in next update.

Thank You

mail1
      Participant

Hi

Thanks for that, it worked perfectly.

On testing further I have discovered a few more anomalies:

1 – If you set the voucher Start Date and End Date using WCFMU as a vendor, save the product, leave the page and return to edit the product the dates reset themselves to the current day (Start Date) and current day plus 1 minute (End Date), thus loosing the dates previously entered (and making the product un-buyable for customers despite being available for sale – gives customer error message similar to – “you cannot purchase products that have expired”) when they try to purchase the product.

2 – If you set location and location map, save the product, leave the page and return to edit the product the location and map information are lost / not retained.

3 – I do not know if this is a feature of Ultimate or not, but when you save a product, you get a confirmation message and then the page refreshes to view the product, leaving the WCFMU interface. This adds more page views and clicks to Vendors work flow when adding a number of products. I was not expecting it to function this way, so thought it worth mentioning in case it is not intended.

Kind regards,

John

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCfM 4.1.7 has just released.

All these has been resolved, kindly update yours and take a look.

Thank You

mail1
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for addressing my observations so quickly. Will download and take a look.

Kind regards, J

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome:)

Please know me if you have any other issues.

Thank You

mail1
      Participant

Hi,

I have another few question regarding PDF Vouchers and WCFMU:
      1 – where do / how do vendors mark voucher codes generated by system as redeemed?
      2 – where do / how do vendors check voucher codes?

As per the voucher code facilities found in:
      Dashboard > WooCommerce > Voucher Codes
      Dashboard > WooCommerce > Check Voucher Codes

I have looked but cannot find it where to do it, please advise.

Thanking you in advance,

John

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You may setup such pages in site frontend using this short codes – http://wpweb.co.in/documents/woocommerce-pdf-vouchers/pdf-vouchers-setup-docs/#shortcode

Now, you may add those pages as menu items in WCfM dashboard as well.

Thank You

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pre Sales Question regarding WCFM Ultimate and PDF Vocher use’ is closed to new replies.