Request for Store Setup Process

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Suzanne

First thank you for a wonderful product. I am so glad I found it.

In your store set up process that gives the %/percent complete progress bar, the email validation should be included in that process – the part that you have to input the code to validate your email.

https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-marketplace-store-setup/

Thank you again!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

We will definitely take care of this in next update.

Thanks for pointing out this.

Have a great day 🙂

Suzanne Kenney

So when the vendor registers and completes the steps presented – they are still left with needing to fill in store description and SEO in order be 100% complete can these tasks be added to the registration steps?

One more thing when you upload the store logo, banner, etc you have the nice ?/help icon that gives the recommended measurements for the images – this information is needed on the ?/help icon for the Store List and Mobile images. I believe the store list is 185 x 245 and the mobile is 520 x 150 is that correct?

The map that displays on the multi store page can that be moved to a sidebar widget box or maybe moved to the bottom?
      Also on this page – would like to toggle what displays like the vendors contact information, etc – this makes the blocks down the page different sizes – if different vendors turn it off or on. but I do want the vendors to be able to display this information on their storefront if they want.

The followers feature – I would prefer the emails of the followers not be visible to the vendors. Providing their email by law in some countries there has to be an unsubscribe feature and I didnt see how to unfollow someone. As a customer I believe it needs to be clear their email address is being provided to the vendor by being a follower vs a subscriber which I would then understand my email being passed on.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

So when the vendor registers and completes the steps presented – they are still left with needing to fill in store description and SEO in order be 100% complete can these tasks be added to the registration steps?

– Actually, these are additional store info. So we don not keep those in setup widget, as vendor may stuck at setup too long.
      Well, we will add those as optional.

One more thing when you upload the store logo, banner, etc you have the nice ?/help icon that gives the recommended measurements for the images – this information is needed on the ?/help icon for the Store List and Mobile images. I believe the store list is 185 x 245 and the mobile is 520 x 150 is that correct?

– OK, will add.

The map that displays on the multi store page can that be moved to a sidebar widget box or maybe moved to the bottom?
      Also on this page – would like to toggle what displays like the vendors contact information, etc – this makes the blocks down the page different sizes – if different vendors turn it off or on. but I do want the vendors to be able to display this information on their storefront if they want.

– Not possible to fit that large may under sidebar, but we can add option to show that bottom of store list.
      Well, you may disable map as well by using short code – [wcfm_stores map=""]
      You may also change number of store in a row – [wcfm_stores per_row="4" map=""]

The followers feature – I would prefer the emails of the followers not be visible to the vendors. Providing their email by law in some countries there has to be an unsubscribe feature and I didnt see how to unfollow someone. As a customer I believe it needs to be clear their email address is being provided to the vendor by being a follower vs a subscriber which I would then understand my email being passed on.

– User may unfollow vendors from their My Account -> Followings section.
      Set OFF “Customer Email” from WCFM capability setting to hide email visible to vendors.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Sorry,

But for me Banner Store List are 600 x 300 px, all depend of your layout of the store list.
      For mobile are the same 520 x 150 px !

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

But for me Banner Store List are 600 x 300 px, all depend of your layout of the store list.
      – That’s right. Actually, it also varies as per page setup “per_row” option.
      So, we do not show any size for store list banner option.

Thank You

Suzanne

– Actually, these are additional store info. So we don not keep those in setup widget, as vendor may stuck at setup too long.
      Well, we will add those as optional.

I only mentioned those 2 items – because if you decide to take the time to do the steps at registration when complete them you expect to be at the 100%.

Great thank you so much the answers helped!

Jose will try the 600 x 300 size.

Suzanne

I used the (wcfm_stores per_row=”4″ map=””) and that worked perfectly. I decided to create another page to let me go view by locations and tried (wcfm_stores per_row=”4″) so the map would display and 4 per row. But it ignores the per_row and still displays 2. https://www.herb-oil.com/store-locations/ or is the per_row suppose to only work with no map?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I have just test this and works perfectly – https://www.useloom.com/share/daf2cb2a7a274d78a656b4ba6782bca4

(wcfm_stores per_row=”4″) – just careful with “single quotes”

Thank You

Suzanne
      This reply has been marked as private.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

OK, I am checking this.

Thanks for the details.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Resolved! Please check now.

Thank you

Suzanne

Thank you so much! Did I enter it wrong?

Calvins Ongele

Could you make it that registered vendors can as well see subcategories of products whenever they are uploading? Currently, for my case, they can only see major product categories. Thanks. my site is http://www.sansoko.com

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi @Suzanne,

– Yeah, quotations was not right.

@Calvins,

Please show me product manager screenshot. Or, give me a demo vendor account for your site to check this.

Thank You

Suzanne

So last night I went to create a new product and I can’t add images. The pop up won’t come up. I also went to the store settings area and the store logo images I can’t edit them either. I have tried this in several browsers and on several different user accounts. I restarted my computer too. I posted above in this thread the login information could you please see what is happening.

The only change other than a couple of updates, I installed a plugin for a knowledgebase I have deactivated it and cleared the cache and that still hasn’t resolved it.

While here I have something else on my list for you to look at the capability feature I disabled chat and articles – when a vendor logins and goes to create their staff and capabilities those features show there and they shouldn’t be.

Also wanting to follow up on the SquareUp.zip we were discussing over here
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/payment-processor-questions/

Thank you so much!!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please be sure, your site has no JavaScript error. Check this using Google Chrome Browser console.

Thank You

Suzanne

I have tested this on different browsers. I can upload images in the admin panel no problem. Just not in the WCFM Vendor Dashboard area. I tested again just now and still not working. Can’t upload images in the media, edit, new listing, store logo, store images, etc any image in the vendor dashboard area.

Suzanne

The Add Media button on the product page works. I also just tested in my iPad and can’t upload images, but the Add Media button works.

Suzanne

I see a WebSocket connection failure.

WebSocket connection to ‘wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

I don’t know how to resolved that issue. I checked my Jetpack connection.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please disable Jetpack and test once!

Thank You

Suzanne

Yep it works with jetpack deactivated. Now what to do…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data

– This API causing a serious problem in recent days. Hope Jetpack will resolve this soon.

Well, is this very essential for you to use JetPack?

Thank you

Suzanne

Woocommerce requires jetpack…

Suzanne

I went through and deactivated and reactivated every plugin yesterday to reset all the connections. Nothing I have tried has worked. Since this has been an unresolved issue for several days now – I spent most of yesterday researching on google for a fix. One that I could do with out touching code (like server issues, htaccess issues). I do see jetpack having issues with this and it was resolved a couple of months back, unless it has come back again on them.

That 403 error from jetpack isn’t always there and it still isn’t working.

When I try to upload images in the backend admin area the pop up works. When I access the WCFM the pop up to click the image wont pop up. It isnt that the image wont upload I can’t even access the upload box. Have you logged in and tested this for me? I am really glad my site isn’t live at this moment yet…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Sure, I can check this for you.

“Woocommerce requires jetpack” – this is not right, WooCommerce install this but it’s optional.

You may send me your site details from here – https://wclovers.com/woocommerce-multivendor-customization/

Thank You

Suzanne

The site details are posted above marked private. When I turn off the Jetpack it states “WooCommerce Services is almost ready to go! Once you connect Jetpack you’ll have access to automated tax calculation, shipping label printing, and smoother payment setup.”

Tiffany

Delete your jetpack plugin

Suzanne

Ok I thought the Woocommerce Services was part of the Woocommerce system. I have removed that plugin and the jetpack and now it works. Sorry I thought those plugins were required.

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

That’s fine 🙂

WooCommerce just install those by force, but not essential.

Thank You

Suzanne

Have you had a chance to look at the capability feature issue I mentioned above?
      I disabled chat and articles – but it shows when a vendor goes to create their staff and capabilities as available features and shouldn’t be.

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

I disabled chat and articles – but it shows when a vendor goes to create their staff and capabilities as available features and shouldn’t be.

– You have disabled these modules or only by Capability?

suzanne

Disabled the features and made sure on each level of capability turned off there as well. It is only showing up when a vendor goes to create staff and add to their capabilities – as a feature the vendor can assign to their staff. The articles and chat are showing up and they can click the enable for the chat.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Please disable those modules from WCFM Admin Setting -> Modules

Thank You

suzanne

They are disabled. Every thing is set correctly.

Suzanne

Everything is set up correctly but the feature is showing as stated.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“I disabled chat and articles – but it shows when a vendor goes to create their staff and capabilities as available features and shouldn’t be.”

– Do you see anything additional than chat and articles?

Can you please show me you vendors capability setting screenshot.

Thank You

suzanne
      Participant

Articles module turned off:
      articles_module_OFF.JPG

Articles capabilities turned off:
      articles_OFF.JPG

Articles capabilities showing on the vendor end (store-manager/staffs-manage/):
      articles_showing.JPG

Chat module is turned off but screenshot below is from it showing on the /store-manager/staffs-manage/ page:
      chat_shouldnt_show_vendor_end.JPG and the chat button can be clicked on.

Thank you

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for all the details, we will take care of this in WCFM Groups next update.

Thank You

Suzanne

Just to follow up the recent update did not resolve the issue.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have take care of this in latest update.

Do you have updated WCFM groups to new version, 3.1.5?

Thank You

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Request for Store Setup Process’ is closed to new replies.