Shipping by City.

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hi wcfm,

Thanks for the latest shipping updates, it is becoming better and better.

I’m wondering if it is possible to make shipping is based on cities as well, not just states.

Side note : woocommerce doesn’t support cities for my country, how to add them ?

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Shipping based on cities support is already added in the WCFM Marketplace.
      To add City Support You need to install the plugin WC City Select ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-city-select/ ) Use the method of associating cities with the states of your country to add the cities you want (It is mentioned in the plugin description page). This will add city Support to Woocomerce.

Now to enable city support in WCfMmp you need to add the following line in the child themes function.php or in the code snippet plugin.:

add_filter(‘wcfmmp_city_select_dropdown_enabled’, ‘__return_true’ );

Again as this is a user-specific requirement we have made this filter based, so you need to enable this feature.

Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hello Mr. Naskar,

I’ve used WC City Select and it worked,

But the filter did not do anything, when I go to shipping settings I cannot ship by city. https://www.dropbox.com/s/96dfgkmevelv6fv/Shipping.jpg?dl=0

d-n-13
      Participant

Also, after I find solution for this topic, my goal is to achieve solution for the next topic with your help : https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/search-products-by-countries-and-states-shipped-to/#post-37079

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Have you added the code?

add_filter('wcfmmp_city_select_dropdown_enabled', '__return_true' );

Moreover, the city restriction works only for shipping by zone. Please find attached screenshot.

Thank You.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

yes the code working now,

As much as I love shipping by zone, I hate that when you limit shipping to a state / city, you cannot ship to it anymore (it won’t be part of everywhere else too) right ?

That’s why i’m using shipping by country.

If there is no workaround for that I’ll go back to shipping by country and append city names with state names.

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      For now, city restriction is only possible for shipping by zone. We will inform you if we make further changes in the other shipping types.

Thank You.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Shipping by City.’ is closed to new replies.