Shipping on product page

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      g-j

Hello, is there a compatible plugin or an easy way to add shipping on product page please? Thank you kindly.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

Kindly know me which multi-vendor plugin you are using?

If you are using WCFM Marketplace then please check this – https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-marketplace-store-shipping/

Between, what do you mean by “shipping on product page” ?

Thank You

g-j

Hello, I’m using wcfm market, I was hoping to display shipping cost before the cart page on the product page itself before added to cart or checkout if at all possible somehow. Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

NO, it’s not possible because Product Shipping cost calculated based on customer’s shipping address.
      Now, in product page no address available for customer.

But, we are going to add a shipping calculator at product page very soon. Hope that will be helpful for you.

Thank You

Participant

^^ When is this feature coming? I’am waiting for it too. 🙂
      Would be great if logged in customer with a filled in address could see the shipping info on the product page automatically based on hes/her address on the my-account page.

Also. Lets say I run a worldwide marketplace, but not all of my vendors ship worldwide. They fill in the shipping to countries under their shop manager settings, but how can I output this information in to custom filter in my shop sidebar for example?

The easiest method to do this is probably add some custom field to the “add product” page and meta it to the filter.?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

I will update you on this.

Thank You

Participant

Another excellent way to define a customer location is the geolocation plugin. Right now I already have it working on my test site and users can locate all products nearby their address. However, this method has is not perfect. Having a nearby product does not necessarily mean that the vendor ships to the customer country.

For me the perfect solution would be if a customer could filter all products with available shipment to customer’s country. The customer location could be linked to the vendors defined shipping zones or shipping countries. When this filter is applied, only the available products would be displayed in the shop archive.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve been trying to make this working with geolocation plugin for sometime now, I was able to show nearby products as well, I wish to have this functionality fully integrated to wcfm to check products that “Can Be Shipped to Customer’s Location”

mitchellstringer
      Participant

Is there any update please? i would like this aswell

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We will add this feature in next update.

Thank You

Stacy

@RMR How did you prevent vendors from shipping globally if the store does? And which geolocation plugin is that?

Currently, you can restrict products to a location by making a ‘ships to’ attribute as a hack and turn off shipping.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Here is Geo Location plugin -> https://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-my-wp/

Thank You

mitchellstringer
      Participant

Hi, i have just updated, but i can’t see where to turn this on.

Did the update just add support or geolocation or is there an option to show / warn customers that there is no shipping for their country on the product page.

Or do we need a separate plugin for this?

I have tried some 3rd party plugins, but none of them support shipping zones 🙁

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Did the update just add support or geolocation or is there an option to show / warn customers that there is no shipping for their country on the product page.

– This feature is already there, customer will see this message at cart and checkout page, as soon as they will insert their address.

We have a plan to add shipping calculator under single product page, hence customer will see that message under product page as well.
      But this feature is not yet released.

Thank You

mitchellstringer
      Participant

That makes sense, thank you 🙂

Do you have a timeline for the shipping calculator on the product page?

I ask because i am writing support pages for my site for when we launch in January / February.

Also I would like to say your support is world-class, as is WCFM. keep it up 🙂

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

It will be there early next year, within first week of January.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Shipping on product page’ is closed to new replies.