User's information in inquiry form

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      productsexport
      Participant

1) Right now, when a customer sends an inquiry to a vendor, the vendor can’t see any profile information about the customer (user). I think this is not very user friendly.

I would like when a vendor is looking at the messages he received in their inquiry box, to be able to see the user’s public profile data based on Group settings.

I have two groups (Free and PRO $) setup in my wholesale catalog website.

When a FREE vendor receives an inquiry, he should only see the User (username) for example in the message.
      But when a PRO vendor receives an inquiry, he should be able to see the full user public profile (company name, address, country, phone#, etc).

2) Can you please change the inquiry and message notification icons and make it a lot bigger and more prominent. Right now both are way too small. It is vital for the vendor to be able to see and notice these.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

1) Right now, when a customer sends an inquiry to a vendor, the vendor can’t see any profile information about the customer (user). I think this is not very user friendly.

– Vendor already allowed to see custom name and email – https://ibb.co/kHmCy85
      What else you want to show ?

2) Can you please change the inquiry and message notification icons and make it a lot bigger and more prominent. Right now both are way too small. It is vital for the vendor to be able to see and notice these.

– You may add “Enquiry” at left menu using WCFM Menu Manager as well.

Thank You

productsexport
      Participant

1) What else you want to show ?
      The customers are wholesale customers from all over the world. I want the vendor to be able to see the customer profile (company name, address, country, business type, sales volume, business type, etc. ) These are parameters the customers enters in their profile when they register. Right now all the vendor sees is username and email of the customer.. But that is not enough information in the WHOLESALE business.

2) – You may add “Enquiry” at left menu using WCFM Menu Manager as well.
      Yes that is possible, but I make the suggestion to make the icons bigger and more noticeable…

Craig
      Participant

Sadoun – When you talk about the icons being too small do you mean when your are viewing the vendor dashboard on mobile or on a computer?

If on a computer – do you have the titles turned off? I use the titles more then the icons to navigate me way around the dashboard.

productsexport
      Participant

Yes Craig, I am talking about these little icons in the Store Manager Dashboard using a computer. In the attached photo you can see a tiny little Bell and question mark ?. These are suppose to notify you that you’ve got mail. One takes you to the Inquiry board and the other to the Notification Board.

How do you turn titles ON? That would be helpful to me as admin and to the store owners.

In my opinion, such a vital communication function (Enquiries and Messages between customers and vendors) should be developed better in these plug ins. Like developing a message center in the plug in with a lot of features. Those features can be turned ON/OFF based on the Vendor membership level. For example, basic FREE vendors get limited messaging features. Premium paid vendors get a more advanced message center with access to customer public profile.

The problem now, is when you open an inquiry, you see nothing about he customer information, or the product he is inquiring about. Open any inquiry and see… It has no information except the message of the customer..Also the customer’s user name and email are not hyperlinked to anything.

I would really like to see this Inquiries section developed stronger and better with more features like I mentioned above.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Sadoun,

I see what you mean now. I was mistaken. I thought the icons you were referring to are the ones on the left hand side menu to navigate the differnet dashboard functions.
      I missed the part where you were talkimg about the notification icon.

I do agree with you. The notifications should be better emphasised.

I have also asked for a notification email summary to be issued that the vender can select an hourly, daily, or weekly emailed summary of the notifications to help with this important communication tool.

productsexport
      Participant

> I have also asked for a notification email summary to be issued that the vender can select an hourly, daily, or weekly emailed summary of the notifications to help with this important communication tool.

I agree and like that suggestion

Craig
      Participant

this is the thread where I have requested that feature

https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/email-summary-of-store-alerts/

productsexport
      Participant

I would suggest to WCFM to update the inquiry module and to create a robust Message center similar to Alibaba

All the details are clear to the sender and receiver.

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, WCFM Enquiry has all these details.

You may also create custom field for Enquiry form -> Go to WCFM Admin Setting -> Inquiry Settings

Thank You

productsexport
      Participant

WCFM, I am aware of the custom fields..

What I am taking about is the whole message center for vendors and customers. The ability of the shop admin to control what Vendors can see in the message center based on their membership level. We need more instructions on how to setup such a full functioning private messaging system?

Can we use another full functioning messaging system plugin from a 3rd party that integrates well with WCFM?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

The ability of the shop admin to control what Vendors can see in the message center based on their membership level. We need more instructions on how to setup such a full functioning private messaging system?

– Please give us more details on this. It’s not possible to integrate 3rd party plugin with WCFM Enquiry system but it’s possible to enhance WCFM Enquiry functionality.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Once enhancement would be:

Vendor to receive an email summary of their store alerts
      These are the alerts that show up in their dashboard /store-manager/messages/
      It would be useful for a vendor to be able to:
      – turn this feature ON or OFF (but defaulted to ON)
      – Determine if they want hourly, daily, weekly, monthly emailed alert summaries
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/email-summary-of-store-alerts/

productsexport
      Participant

In any marketplace (similar to Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, Alibaba, etc) a robust communication private message system between buyers and sellers is an essential part of the marketplace.

We have two kinds of marketplaces:

1- B2C Retail sales (multi vendor)
      2- B2B Wholesale Catalog (no direct single items sales) but Request for Quotations (RFQ) from customers and quotes from vendors.

Your WCFM message center must address the needs of these two kinds.

For B2B we have several membership plans. We should tie the message center capabilities with the membership capabilities. For example a FREE vendor should not be able to see the customer’s name, email address, profile, or even the content of the message. Free vendor should only be able to see that he received an inquiry from a member and in order to see the message and customer profile, FREE vendor must upgrade their membership to a premium paid membership.

Messages on should be grouped by customer (on the vendor side) and by vendor (on the customer side)

The messaging is done entirely through the front-end of the site rather than the Dashboard.

Multiple Recipients (Customer can send RFQs to multiple vendors)

Examples:
      Front End PM Pro
      https://www.shamimsplugins.com/products/front-end-pm-pro/?utm_campaign=wordpress&utm_source=readme_pro&utm_medium=description

YoBro
      http://preview.codecanyon.net/item/yobro-wordpress-multi-user-private-messaging-plugin/full_screen_preview/

Add chat features to be available to Premium Vendors only:
      Similar to Wise Chat Pro
      https://kaine.pl/projects/wp-plugins/wise-chat-pro/

productsexport
      Participant

Please update us if you will be improving the message center?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are going to add two new feature for Inquiry Module –

1. Category wise Custom Field for Inquiry Form
      2. Inquiry Reply attachment support – vendor and custom both

Free vendor should only be able to see that he received an inquiry from a member and in order to see the message and customer profile, FREE vendor must upgrade their membership to a premium paid membership.

– You may off course disable Customer Name/Email visibility from vendors. But it will not good one to show them Inquiry but they will not able to reply till upgrading plan. Better keep OFF Inquiry for lower plans.

Thank You

productsexport
      Participant

Ok great… two steps in the right direction

2. Inquiry Reply attachment support – vendor and custom both
      Please add that to Capabilities so that the Store Manager can turn it ON/OFF per Group/Membership levels

– You may off course disable Customer Name/Email visibility from vendors.
      How do I do that with current setup?

But it will not good one to show them Inquiry but they will not able to reply till upgrading plan.
      Yes, I want to do exactly that… For FREE members. When they go to see the inquiry, they should get a popup to “Upgrade your membership in order to see the content of customer inquires”

For premium members group, the inquiry content should be visible.

Better keep OFF Inquiry for lower plans.
      No, i need this inquiry module for lower plan, but must be limited… so that vendors can upgrade to Premium paid plans. The inquiries show the value of the website and that their are interest in their products and company. As as Marketplace owner/manager I don’t make money from FREE members, I need to encourage them to upgrade to Premium membership and pay their fee in order to get full benefits of the website.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

– You may off course disable Customer Name/Email visibility from vendors.
      How do I do that with current setup?

– Go to Capability Setting and set OFF – https://ibb.co/267ZYgx

But it will not good one to show them Inquiry but they will not able to reply till upgrading plan.
      Yes, I want to do exactly that… For FREE members. When they go to see the inquiry, they should get a popup to “Upgrade your membership in order to see the content of customer inquires”

– We will add capability option for this in next update.

Thank You

productsexport
      Participant

You are AWESOME

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome, we have already added this in latest update – https://ibb.co/DWpXh0f

productsexport
      Participant

Thanks a lot… I appreciate that you are improving your plugin and adding more features constantly.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

My pleasure 🙂

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The topic ‘User's information in inquiry form’ is closed to new replies.