1.simple free register 2.other roles 3.what happens exactly on vendor disable

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership 1.simple free register 2.other roles 3.what happens exactly on vendor disable

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      James Morris

Love this plugin- I worked with you a year ago, Im a big fan of your service and the product!

Im working on a large project and I need a few reminders and clarification

1. Reading the docs, it seems the Free user must still checkout with a free “product” to register?
      – thats a few steps more than I like for a free post
      – (if so)can this be changed to a simple email/password register like Craigslist? or simply use another plugin design for fast register?

2. IF using another plugin, does WCMP or WCFM recognize other roles with similar capabilities?
      – Ex. ( plugin 1: guest, WCFM: seller, WCFM: vendor )

3.If the vendor doesn’t pay the renewal and I use “vendor disable, down to basic” , what happens EXACTLY?
      – what features does the vendor lose access to exactly?
      – Example: in Ebay, you keep your store and access but you lose the “package” of free(pre-paid discounted) listings
      – So what happens here?
      * Do store and listings remain?
      * Is access to dashboard avaible?
      * listings are basic(limited/paid) only, but new sold items would have fees?

Thank you so much, we’re too far into it to backtrack with the client, so I can’t be wrong on these.
      They are simple questions features I missed, so easily overlooked on my part. **Shame on me** lol.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

How are you?

Let me clear your confusions:

1. Reading the docs, it seems the Free user must still checkout with a free “product” to register?
      – thats a few steps more than I like for a free post
      – (if so)can this be changed to a simple email/password register like Craigslist? or simply use another plugin design for fast register?

*** Which registration you are talking about? Vendor or Customer? Actually, both are allowed to do so, have to setup things like that.

2. IF using another plugin, does WCMP or WCFM recognize other roles with similar capabilities?

*** Yeah off course, WCFM works with Dokan, WCMp, WC Vednors and WC Product Vendors.
      But I will recommend you to use WCFM Marketplace (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-multivendor-marketplace/), it’s new but most featured and flexible among all of them.

3.If the vendor doesn’t pay the renewal and I use “vendor disable, down to basic” , what happens EXACTLY?

*** Did you checked this WCFM add on – WCFM Groups & Staffs (http://wclovers.com/product/woocommerce-frontend-manager-groups-staffs/)
      It allows you to define different capabilities for different membership levels.
      Suppose you have setup two memberships – Premium and Basic
      Premium has Product Limit – 50
      Basic has product Limit – 20
      Now when vendor’s membership changed their capability will also change.

Please know me if you have any other queries.

Thank you

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘1.simple free register 2.other roles 3.what happens exactly on vendor disable’ is closed to new replies.