3D Secure – SCA & Stripe Split Payment: Separate Charges & Transfer

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM 3D Secure – SCA & Stripe Split Payment: Separate Charges & Transfer

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      shitT
      Participant

Hi

I enabled 3D Secure and SCA with Stripe Split Payment in Test Mode. When I do this, Stripe Split Payment is disabled. The payment gets on my Stripe account, but is not transferred further to the vendors.

From this forum and my contact with Stripe support, I understand that Stripe only supports 3D Secure – SCA with Split Payment for Separate Charges and Transfer (https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges-transfers). In this case, the Stripe Fees are charged on the platform. For me, it is OK, as my fee includes payment charges.

Have you planned to implement “3D Secure – SCA” with “Split Payment: Separate Charges and Transfer”? If so, for when is this planned?

Thanks for your answer!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, WCFM Marketplace already support this.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I have moved my site over to this method from direct charges, and so far so good

my only problem is this

if stripe pass the sales revenue to vendors instantly how do we handle refunds when the vendor has been paid,

is it possible to delay paying the vendor until 15 days after the transaction to allow enough time for refund requests

We pay our vendors using 3D Secure – SCA & Stripe Split Payment: Separate Charges & Transfer

If a customer purchased some shoes costing £100 on the 1st December, is it possible to defer paying the vendor until the 16th December? this would mean that our stripe account still has the available funds to pay the refund, if the vendor has been paid, and a refund request is made, our stripe account is liable for all of this amount.

that could very quickly put us out of business

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

hi

just spoke to stripe support, apparently, the API can set a grace period for sending out transfers for example 14 days

but when I test this by

unticking “Request auto-approve”

and setting the withdraw mode to

“periodic Withdrawal” and on the schedule select “every 15 days (Every 2 weeks- Monday)

the funds are still sent directly to the connected test account

how can we set the system so that funds are not sent to the vendor for 14 days

sorry if I’m getting confused over this

Steve

aemr45
      Participant

Hi Steve,

Did you try creating a new vendor account after saving the new settings?

Regards

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi aemr45

to be honest, no I didn’t, I was hoping that would not need to be done, as it would mean all my existing vendors would not work
      i tested by first disconnecting a test vendors stripe, then reconnecting it

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“periodic Withdrawal” and on the schedule select “every 15 days (Every 2 weeks- Monday)

the funds are still sent directly to the connected test account

how can we set the system so that funds are not sent to the vendor for 14 days

– Well, if you are using “Stripe Split pay” option then periodic withdrawal not work. It will always split as soon as order will be placed.

If you want to use periodic withdrawal then disable “Stripe Split pay”. For stripe payment use this gateway plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-stripe/

And for withdrawal enable only normal “Stripe” option form WCFM Admin Setting -> Payment Setting

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

So if we switched to that method, is it still SCA and 3d secure?

Will vendors who have already connected there stripe accounts need to reconnect them

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi again

So if we implemented this does that mean that customers payments can be held in our stripe account for longer than 7 days?

What we are looking to do is

Customer pays for product
      Money held in our stripe account for 15 days
      At this point we pass to the vendor

This will enable funds to be available if a refund is requested, as we are now liable for this

Is this possible?

If its not and the money is passed from our stripe account to our bank account after 7 days how do we handle refunds

Steve

shitT
      Participant

1. OK. From what I understand, 3D secure & “Split Payment separate charges & transfer” works live. But not in test mode. Right?

2. Now I tried to test this live. Started with the negative test (because I’m a vicious tester:)). I entered my actual credit card number with a wrong expiry date and the correct CVC number. The payment didn’t succeed, but the order went through. Error Message on order completed side (see https://imgur.com/a/pV6RUDp). Not good at all. Test failed. Could you please fix this? Thanks.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘3D Secure – SCA & Stripe Split Payment: Separate Charges & Transfer’ is closed to new replies.