3rd party Multi-Carrier Shipping plugin integration

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      sakism
      Participant

Hello team,
      WCFM Marketplace offers basic shipping by country/zone or weight that needs to be set up by each vendor.

As many vendors require the ability to offer a variety of shipping methods with live rates (eg. USPS, Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, DHL, etc.), is there a plugin that you recommend that can accomplish this?

If I buy such a plugin, how do the vendors see the different shipping methods available to them?

Thank you in advance,
      Sakis

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, for live rate shipping methods vendor has nothing to do.

Just any such plugin, set up account and customers will receive live shipping rates.

Vendors has nothing to do in this setup!

Thank You

sakism
      Participant

Thank you for the quick reply.

Just to confirm then, if I set up a plugin that provides live rates, how do I set up the vendors to select this shipping method?
      Will they be able to see it when I enable shipping selection by weight, country or Zone?

Thank you,
      Sakis

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Live rates shipping does not require such setups. Please go through their demos!

Thank You

Sakis Mamouzellos

Hello again keymaster,

After reviewing a number of shipping plugins, most of the require the shipping origin so to calculate the shipping costs.
      Unfortunately these plugins are developed for a single store and not for a market place so they require the store postal code as a static value.

However, in a WCFM marketplace, shipping is calculated based on the vendor location and customer zone, class or weight.
      As I am testing a couple of such plugins, could you please let me know what the field name or shortcode is that you store the vendor postal code?

Thank you in advance,
      Sakis

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, WCFM has this plugin integration – https://elextensions.com/plugin/easypost-shipping-method-plugin-for-woocommerce/

It will calculate cost from vendor’s location.

Thank You

Kyle

KeyMaster, I do not think you understand the intent of the question, or the details of the requirement. The plugins do not work as you suggest, and the link above specifically states it does not work with multi vendor marketplaces…

Can I use the plugin with the multi-vendor plugin?
      Unfortunately, this plugin does not work in a Multi-vendor environment.”

The best thing I have done for this is in the past is work with Conrad over at Wandurlust Designs, where he extended his easypost plugin to work with WC Vendors. I am having issues with this as Woo Commerce seems to have changed something that is impacting his plugin, and it needs some work. This is why I am searching these forums to see if anyone has built a multi vendor live shipping calculator and label generator plugin.

As of yet, it does not seem that this exists out of the box, and will require custom development and maintenance to keep up.

Kyle

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, they have created a separate plugin for multi-vendor sites – https://www.pluginhive.com/advanced-shipping-for-woocommerce-multi-vendor-plugin/

Thank You

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘3rd party Multi-Carrier Shipping plugin integration’ is closed to new replies.