About tax and shipping cost

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I would like to request to take into account the need of some users with certain adjustments.
      This trial was carried out by activating the tax rates, they were left at 10%. In addition, a commission was set for the seller of 90%, to facilitate the view of the calculations.

1.- In the display of the purchase order by the customer is clear. All the necessary elements are.

2.- The problem is that the vendor, in the view of the order, does not have all the background and confuses. (Some of this I pointed out here: https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/a-little-confused-and-scared/)

If they see, it is not clear how much is the total tax (only shows the tax of the product)
      If they finally add the item shipping cost, and add that part of the tax, it would solve a problem of data consistency. And it would help in our case to elaborate the manual invoice.

Best regards,

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

https://wclovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Order-vendor-view-128×72.png

– Shipping is not for vendor, so shipping component not visible under order details.

If no shipping then shipping cost and shipping tax cost will not added.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I am having a critical situation with what they expose me.

Whether or not the seller receives the value of the shipment, it is crucial for us to show the value of the shipment and its tax. (To the seller)

1.- It is necessary to understand the fact that the seller’s tax is returned (if this option exists in your system it is because there is a situation that requires it)
      2.- On the other hand, and on several occasions I have tried to express to them, the need for the seller to know the total value that the customer must pay. This is of vital importance since the invoice must be issued manually by the seller.

Until a few months ago there was no comprehensive solution for shipping logistics in my country, so all the tests were performed with the option of sending the store. But now there is an external option.
      This option consists of our contract with them, but like the ticket, for the total of the purchase (product and shipment), the seller issues it, I must necessarily return the shipping tax, in addition to the commission.

I have always said that wcfm will be an excellent platform as long as they give the administration to make these decisions, hide or visualize certain aspects of the system.

I’m still in stand by my request to customize the email to customer with you, because I need to resolved this issue.

Best regards,

Jose
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Jose
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Jose
      Participant

Hi,

I found that the same thing happens in the order view of the administrator, the shipping address is hidden.

To clarify my request, show the shipping address and shipping cost, including the grand total. The seller will be able to:

* With this he can check if there is any problem with the shipment and amount.
      * Know the exact amount to make the invoice (in my country the invoice includes taxes, so it is not necessary to detail)

In fact, the information held by the administrator could be the same as that of the seller.

Regards,

Attachments:
        Jose
        Participant

Update !!

Hi, I found how to resolve to show the shipping address, it was necessary to disable each shipment of vendor per store.

But still, my request about the cost of shipping and the information of the total cost of the order is necessary for the vendor.

Best regards,

Jose
      Participant

Resolved !!

Ok, was hard but I found how to customize the vendor order view.

But just need help with how to add tax from shipping cost to vendor. Because the first one that I made was activate tax in WC but is so confused, because show shipping cost not incluide tax.

So, exist some idea to resolve this one ?

Regards,

Attachments:
      CommunityCorals
      Participant

I agree that vendors should in any case see shipping cost and the associated tax in the order. Vendor in any case needs to create an invoice including shipping cost. No matter if shipping is purchased from marketplace admin or own shipping contract. This should also be reflected in the store invoice.

Vendor should be able to individually specify taxes they have to pay as this is different for my different types of vendors (small vs. large business).

Also we need to keep in mind that commission also includes taxes for some admin. So it also needs to be possible for admin to specify the tax that is included in the commission. This than needs to be reflected in commission invoice.

Without a proper tax setup it won´t be possible to use invoice functionality both for vendor and for admin.

BR
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I agree that vendors should in any case see shipping cost and the associated tax in the order. Vendor in any case needs to create an invoice including shipping cost. No matter if shipping is purchased from marketplace admin or own shipping contract. This should also be reflected in the store invoice.

– Vendors are allowed to see everything. But this depend upon commission setting – https://ibb.co/LN80Yxh

If these are set for vendor then they will see those.

If you disable “Shipping Cost not for vendor“, then it means Admin will handle shipping. In that case vendor will not see shipping under order details.

Thank You

Jose
      Participant

Hi,

If you disable “Shipping Cost not for vendor“, then it means Admin will handle shipping. In that case vendor will not see shipping under order details.

It is true, but only for common cases, but there are different situations for different countries.

In my country the seller must make a ticket (external to the system) with the total costs (product + shipping) including taxes.

There is the case that between the administrator and the seller it is agreed to resolve the issue of shipments by the administrator (centralized system), but this does not allow the seller to evade their obligation to issue a ballot for the total costs.

This means that between the seller and the administrator must subsequently resolve the effects of this (in my case the tax included in the shipment I must return it to the seller)

Maybe the ideal would be that at least they tell us if it is possible that they consider it or rightly invite us to request a customization.

Regards,

CommunityCorals
      Participant

If you disable “Shipping Cost not for vendor“, then it means Admin will handle shipping.

This is not correct. In my case this just means that vendor buys the shipping label from my central shipping contract. The vendor still needs to invoice both product and shipping to the customer. Me as admin does not have any business relationsship to the customer. So shipping needs to be part of vendor order and store invoice.

Shipping in this case also needs to be part of commission invoice. As vendor buys from admin and sells to customer. The commission invoice is supposed to be a legal document with which the admin invoices its service to the vendor. Including tax as required at least in europe.

Unfortunately this is not the case.

BR
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

This is not correct. In my case this just means that vendor buys the shipping label from my central shipping contract. The vendor still needs to invoice both product and shipping to the customer. Me as admin does not have any business relationsship to the customer. So shipping needs to be part of vendor order and store invoice.

– Then you have disabled this “Shipping Cost not for vendor” ?

Are you running such a system where “Shipping Cost” will go to Admin, but package will be delivered by Vendor!

Don’t you think it’s very practical, who is responsible for shipment “Shipping Cost” will go to him, Admin or Vendor!

But, as Admin still you are allow to take commission form vendor for shipping cost by adding this line of code –

add_filter( 'wcfmmp_is_allow_commission_on_shipping', '__return_true' );

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Its part of my service to leverage a shipping contract and issue shipping labels to the vendor. So vendor is buying the shipping from me as a service. So I provide two services to vendor. Marketplace service and shipping label. Both is payed to me as commission fee.

So I still can understand what Jose is stating above “Whether or not the seller receives the value of the shipment, it is crucial for us to show the value of the shipment and its tax. (To the seller)”

BR
      Dominique

Jose
      Participant

Thanks Dominique, but Keymaster can you please have with you feedback ?

WC has a big problem with taxes and shipping together. If I activate the tax (to have the opportunity to return the shipping tax to the vendor), WC requires that you enter the shipping value without including the tax and then we must choose which is taxable.

This does not happen with the prices of the products, even when the tax is defined, WC allows the value including the tax to be introduced.

It would help a lot to solve this, either with a hook from WCFM.

Allowing us to administer, show simple sales values, return the tax or the value of sending to the seller makes a service for all is really offered.

Regards,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.