Activate/Deactivate COD by vendors when desired.

WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace – Home Forums WCfM – Feature Request Activate/Deactivate COD by vendors when desired.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  d-n-13 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

d-n-13
    Participant

Hi good wclovers team,

I have tested the new feature “Reverse Withdrawal” and it works flawless ! Very well done wclovers !

Although this awesome feature is implemented, we cannot really use COD in most cases, currently WCFM Marketplace expects you to have shipping model as one of the following :-

1- Shipping by Admin only (COD per gateway can be done using 3rd party plugins such as Booster).
    2- Shipping by Vendors only (All Vendors provide COD).
    3- Shipping by Vendors only (All Vendors DON’T provide COD).
    4- (1)+(2).
    5- (1)+(3)

Note : (2)+(3) cannot work together atm.

As you can see, Marketplace like mine where vendors do all the shipping by themselves won’t work well with COD + Reverse Withdrawal because I need to decide to accept only vendors who provide COD or accept vendors who don’t provide COD.

Now in what cases vendors provide or don’t provide COD ?

A – Some vendors will have to use 3rd party shipping companies such as FedEx and of course they don’t provide COD.
    B – Some vendors will have to use 3rd party shipping companies such as local shipping companies and they provide COD services.
    C – If vendor do the shipping himself or individual partners then he can do COD.

As you can see, it’s hard to control when Vendors provide COD or Not.

Why this is an issue ?

If admin activate COD as payment method, then it will always be available at checkout, even for vendors who don’t provide COD, and they will have to cancel / re-apply order, it will cause bad experience for both Customers and Vendors.

Summery : Vendors need to have the ability to activate/deactivate COD by shipping methods or products. Also COD should be off by default and turned on by vendors when desired.

Kind Regards,
    Khalid

Reply To: Activate/Deactivate COD by vendors when desired.
Your information: