add GPS support during checkout

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobias Safaie
      Participant

hi, i just bought your delivery plugin and for me it lags some important features:

is it possible to add a map during checkout so people can point their location in order to get GPS coordinates instead of only an address? Unfortunately, address don’t work very well here.

Craig
      Participant

Is this location pick option for the customer or the delivery boy to use?
      Why does the address not work?

When a delivery boy goes to their dashboard they can click on the address of the delivery and it opens google maps.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Tobias Safaie
      Participant

it is for the customers to point the delivery boy to the correct location.
      In my location an entered address in barely displayed in the right location.
      If I enter my address in Google Maps or Open Street Map it is somewhere else but not my location.
      I don’t know if this is a “Portuguese” Problem but it is the same in Thailand Islands, where I wanted to use the Plugin.
      It would be perfect for the customer to pinpoint his exact location as with Uber so the driver can go there directly.

The delivery boy should get the GPS location on the map if the customer used this option.
      Technically it only requires a map in the checkout to retrieve GPS data from a selected point on the map. Two additional custom address fields.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Craig
      Participant

I see. this would also require you to have the google maps API activated.

I would want this as a “option” that I could turn on or off because in Canada the google maps seems to work very well. I can understand where your operations are located might be much different.

Thanks for explaining further.

Tobias Safaie
      Participant

well, it would be even better to use open street maps if its possible to choose from.
      Unfortunately, I know many locations where the address is not very accurate for the location.
      As well people might want to order food and drink on the beach 😉

How fast could this be implemented? I was quoting this feature on Upwork for around 150 $ custom made.
      Depending on the possibilities I might fall back to this for now.

Kind Regards

Craig
      Participant

I am a customer of WC Lovers not one of their developers.

they will have to weigh in.

you could also submit for a customization quote with them too. have you considered that?

Tobias Safaie
      Participant

any Feedback from WCLovers on this?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

is it possible to add a map during checkout so people can point their location in order to get GPS coordinates instead of only an address? Unfortunately, address don’t work very well here.

– We already have this in plan, will add in next update.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.