add openstreetmap.org as option please!!!

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request add openstreetmap.org as option please!!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      HMS
      Participant

Hello,

i guess a lot more people would buy and love your script, if you also would support openstreetmap.org
      I guess the API is extreme simple, nearly the same as google-maps – so easy for you to offer

BUT from the customer point of view…. openstreetmap.org is FREE,…
      google-maps costs A LOT of money when you get some traffic to your site.

IF any other customer reads this posting and you would like to have this feature too,
      just reply to this posting. Thanks!

kaloomee
      Participant

An alternative to Google maps would be a great move
      It can also be rather time consuming and sometimes nearly impossible, for a new Google user to create a google maps account
      The amount of information that they now require is okay if you are an established business but for start ups, the info that Google ask of you is not available.
      I am having problems setting up my Google maps account so an alternative would greatly help me.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

That would be brilliant
      the cost of using google can very quickly mount up

using openstreetmaps instead would eb a fantastic addition

Steve

aemr45
      Participant

Please add openstreetmaps support, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for the great job!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We are working on this, will be there very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I’m just wondering how this is coming on, will this be something that’s going to be added in the next few updates?
      I would love this as it would lower our costs

or would it be best that we request this as a custom project
      Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We will add this in WCFM core very soon, have plan to add this within end of this year.

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

That’s great news, many thanks

Will this have the same functionality as google maps,

Clicking the vendors address on their store page
      Vendors shown on store location map

If that’s the case could the vendors location be taken from the store address this will remove one more item that needs to be filled out when vendors sign up

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Yeah, all map functionalities will be same as now.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

that’s going to be fantastic 🙂

Steve

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hello, is there any update in regards to timeline? I can´t longer afford paying google as I have like 100K API calls a month.

If it still takes time to move to openstreet – Is there no chance to exclude API call from product page? I do not use any map or anything on product but still issue a API call which is driving cost.

Need a quick solution as like I mentioned cost are not bearable anymore 🙁

BR
      Dominique

aemr45
      Participant

Hi there, they just add Open Street Map support in last update! I haven’t test it out yet, but I’m happy is here now, hope this info works for you.

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi, thanks for the info. I updaten and choose street map option. The address field does not pull any location data though. So radius search doesn´t seem to work?

Is there any documentation?

Thanks
      Dominique

Paulette
      Participant

Hi, I now have a map showing on my sellers listing page (which was not here yesterday) whereas I didn’t change anything on my settings…

The issue is that the map is always showing Egypt whereas all my stores are in Asia. And it’s NOT showing any of my stores…
      Also, I would like the map to be in English (currently, it shows each country in its own alphabet so Egypt in Arabic, China in Chinese and so on).

> Where can I manage / enable / disable this new map module?

Thanks!

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Anyone tested openstreetmaps for geolocation? As mentioned it doesnt work for me 🙁

aemr45
      Participant

I just figure out that you need to set the location for each vendor in the vendor manager, on admin’s dashboard.

Under store settings you will find store location. When you set it up, the map will work correctly, It is not so accurate but I imagine that being an open source map, we need to contribute to its database.

Paulette
      Participant

After asking WCLovers support for my problem, they updated the plugin and now my map is working: I can set the location I wish the map to show. But the map is still not in English, but in all countries’ alphabet which is making it difficult to read in Asia. Anyone know how I can set the map’s language?

Also, as a vendor, I have set my location properly but it still doesn’t appear on the map. So following aemr45 advice, I manually added it as Admin this time and it’s now showing on the map. But I find it strange that admin has to manually add the stores’ locations even when vendors already set their address in their dashboard. It would be nice if this could be displayed automatically on the map whenever vendors add their location.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, as Map library and integration codes are changed so you have to clear your site caches.
      If not cleared then it will not work properly.

Also check in Google Chrome Browser console, is there any JavaScript error happening to the site or not!
      (What is browser console – https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/232313848-How-to-open-the-developer-console)

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The topic ‘add openstreetmap.org as option please!!!’ is closed to new replies.