Add vendor dashboard section dedicated to "tickets" just like "bookings"

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request Add vendor dashboard section dedicated to "tickets" just like "bookings"

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

I have added WooCommerce BoxOffice and it works great for creating tickets but it is not so easy to “manage them”.

Do you have a suggestion on the option to add a “section” on the vendor dashboard menu that is dedicated to “tickets” that would allow for easy sorting and exporting and printing?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have this in plan, will add very soon.

Thank you

Craig
      Participant

That will be an awesome enhancement. Thanks for doing that.

Will you also include the features listed for “admin” in the WooCommerce documentation?
      https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-box-office/

All Tickets, you can:
      – View purchased tickets along with info supplied by ticket-holders
      – Open a ticket, edit Ticket Fields info and look up the ticket edit page URL for each ticket

Emailing ticket holders
      -You can set up an automated, one-off email as mentioned above.
      -You can also send specific emails to all ticket-holders.
      Go to: Tickets > Tools.
      Open the ‘Email’ tab.
      Select which ticket product you want to email.
      Enter a subject line and content using the familiar WordPress content editor

Ticket email tool
      -Preview or click “Send to all ticket holders” if you’re ready. A job is then put in the queue, and batches are sent every 10 minutes.
      -Previously sent emails appear in a table below the email editor.

Previously sent emails table
      -In this table you can view email subjects, which ticket products were targeted, how many email addresses were targeted, and how many mails were sent. You can also click the email subject to see the email log.

Exporting tickets
      The ability to export tickets is useful for record-keeping, accounting, reports and lists.
      Go to: Tickets > Tools.
      Open the ‘Export’ tab.
      Select which tickets you want to export from the dropdown. By default they are all selected.
      Click the ‘Download Export File’ button. This creates a CSV file of all fields for selected tickets. The CSV also contains:
      -Ticket ID
      -Ticket status
      -Name of ticket
      -Ticket edit URL
      -Date of purchase
      -Order ID
      -User ID of purchaser
      -Tickets fields you defined in the product
      This CSV may also be used import ticket data in another system (such as a newsletter service) or used as dynamic data to print out name badges.

Tickets reporting
      The ability to get a top-level view of the total number of tickets sold to date, per event/product, is possible within the Reports screen of WooCommerce.
      Go to: WooCommerce > Reports.
      Click on the Tickets tab.

Scanning tickets
      This option requires the purchase and activation of Order Barcodes (separate extension).
      Use the [scan_ticket] shortcode in a post/page to produce a scan ticket form.
      -Scan ticket form using [scan_ticket] shortcode
      The form allows you to look up the ticket-holder and mark him/her as attended via ticket barcode. More info at Order Barcodes documentation on how to use the barcode scan device.

Craig
      Participant

If you can add these features like you have done for the WooCommerce Bookings integration then your Ticket feature would allow you to truly rival the ticket services like EventBright!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, we had all this in plan.

But, WC Box Office is not that flexible, so we stop integrating that.

Now, we are working on FooEvents (https://codecanyon.net/item/fooevents-for-woocommerce/11753111), it’s much more flexible and feature enhanced.

Basic version is already released.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for this feedback. I love rich features so this sounds like a great move.

Will you be integrating with all of their add-ons as well?
      https://www.fooevents.com/pricing/#extensions

AND does your integration work with the “Event Check-ins” app
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fooevents.EventCheckins

New Event Check-ins app replacing FooEvents Check-ins
      https://www.fooevents.com/new-event-check-ins-app-replacing-fooevents-check-ins/

“You may have recently received a push notification which said that we will be ending support for the “FooEvents Check-ins” app and removing it from the App Store on 26 March 2019.

Well, please don’t be alarmed because this is not bad news. You see, there are currently two different versions of the FooEvents app in the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). One is called “FooEvents Check-ins” and the other is simply called “Event Check-ins” (both of them are free). The “Event Check-ins” app was formerly our pro version which used to be a paid app until we made it free as an extra benefit for FooEvents customers. It has more advanced features than the old FooEvents Check-ins app so we’ve made the decision to only support the “Event Check-ins” app going forward.

Migrating to the “Event Check-ins” app is very straightforward, and since it uses the same interface, there’s no additional learning curve involved. All you need to do is download the “Event Check-ins” app for either the App Store or Google Play and connect your website to that app instead. In addition to all the same features that you will find in the old “FooEvents Check-ins” app, you can also upload your own logo and change the app color scheme to match your brand. There’s also an “auto check-in” feature which makes scanning ticket barcodes much simpler and faster.”

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, we are integrating with FooEvent APP, as that is not vendor compatible.

But, WCFM compatible with FooEvent all addons.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

“Well, we are integrating with FooEvent APP, as that is not vendor compatible.”

I’m not sure I understand.

You “are” or your “are not” integrating with FooEvent APP, as that is not vendor compatible.

in their news release they mention that:
      “there are currently two different versions of the FooEvents app in the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). One is called “FooEvents Check-ins” and the other is simply called “Event Check-ins”
      “we’ve made the decision to only support the “Event Check-ins” app going forward.”

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Will you be integrating with all of their add-ons as well?
      https://www.fooevents.com/pricing/#extensions

– YES

AND does your integration work with the “Event Check-ins” app
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fooevents.EventCheckins

– NO

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for your feedback. I have 2 questions:

Right now I have the WooCommerce box office installed based on some earlier recommendations.

1. Is your integration ready for the FooEvents (https://codecanyon.net/item/fooevents-for-woocommerce/11753111) right now? If I deactivate WooCommerce box office and install FooEvents will we have a functioning ticket system?

2. AND do you know which FooEvent add-ons are not yet integrated? Are some of them working but not all or are all of them not yet integrated?

I’m just wondering is this is a good time to switch plugins and not loose the ticket functionality.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

1. Is your integration ready for the FooEvents (https://codecanyon.net/item/fooevents-for-woocommerce/11753111) right now? If I deactivate WooCommerce box office and install FooEvents will we have a functioning ticket system?

– yeah sure

2. AND do you know which FooEvent add-ons are not yet integrated? Are some of them working but not all or are all of them not yet integrated?

– All addons are integrated.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Hi there,

Can you remove the referance to the “fooevents” in the hover help buttons?

Many of our marketplaces do not want customers to know what software is being used etc.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Is there going to be a section tab along the side dedicated to managing tickets that displays the calendar of all the events I have planned as a vendor etc?

Craig
      Participant

Can you edit the hover text to remove the reference to “google map API to woocommerce” so that vendors can’t tell what software we are using.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can you make the “day picker” coordinate with the date picker?

For example if I only pick 1 day for the ticket then the system should not let me pick a date past 1 day long.

This will allow for errors in tickets.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

If the ticket time is using a 24 hr time picker then there should not be an AM/PM selection because there is never a 02:00pm on a 24hr clock. 02:00 is always 2am. 2:00pm would be 14:00

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

do the ticket logo and ticket header have suggested pixel dimensions for a best fit. Or does that not matter?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

this hover information text is incomplete for the “event seating” chart

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

what is the difference between “text” and “text area”?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

this ceck box I’m not able to select and make it a check mark

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can the “PDF Ticket Setting” have hover information to explain where this information shows up?

Right now I have no idea where “email text” goes and what it is used for

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

If we want the “attendee” information to show up on the product page instead of the “check out page” how do we that.

With the “WooCommerce TicketBox” integration they had the attendee information on the product page and that makes much more sense to have it at the time of the ticket selection rather than at the time of the ticket purchase.

Can that be done?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can there be a check box at the top of the product editor that would be for the “ticket” product. When it is checked then it activate/make visible the evet tab in the tab area where the “tax” and “attributes” are.

This is how the functionality of the WooCommerce BoxOffice integration was and it worked great.

This way that “event” tab hidden and not visible for all the other products that are being added/edited etc.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

I don’t seem to have the map working.

I have added my API key and that will then display an image under the “description” but the map is just a blue square with the pin in the middle. Do you have this oprtion working on your end?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/German+Cultural+Centre/@49.1725955,-123.9496429,17z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x5488a1603c880e1f:0x85fd62c1946a3410!2sGerman+Cultural+Centre!8m2!3d49.172592!4d-123.9474542!3m4!1s0x5488a1603c880e1f:0x85fd62c1946a3410!8m2!3d49.172592!4d-123.9474542

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

the “view seating chart” when it is activated and opened up at the check out is not displaying properly.

In my case I have 4 rows of 20 seats in each row.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

when collecting the attendee information and there is the option to select the seat.

There is no label for the second drop down picker. It should probably say “seat number”

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can there be a tab on the side dedicated to tickets?

And have functions inside of that tab where you can view a calendar of the vendors events and where they can “sort” and “print to PDF” “export” based on the event product made.

Vendors selling tickets would want to be able to print off the attendees list.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can you change the name of the events tab in the customer account page to say “event tickets” so it is not confused with “support tickets”

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Can the slug of the URL be changed to remove the “fooevents” from the URL?

https://dev-thriving-locally.pantheon.io/my-account/fooevents-tickets/

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

When a customer is viewing there tickets I can see the order under the “order” tab but not under the “tickets” tab.

Am I missing a setting for this section to display the tickets? or is this a system glitch?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

I have the FooEvents Calender plugin in installed. Where is this supposed to show up in the customer account or the vendor dashboard?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Does the Vendor get access to this “express check in”?

If so can you kindly explain how to do that?

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

Hi there. I have not seen any response to issues I have logged above. Are you able to provide some feedback on this?

I have 3 more days before I ask for a refund on the “FooEvents” plugin and go back to the “WooCommerce BoxOffice” plugin as this seems to be better integrated.

Craig
      Participant

Hi WC Lovers – can you provide feedback on this ASAP?

Thanks

Vjean
      Participant

Wow Craig. I’m just a participant here as well. Give the guys a little time and they’ll get back to you. It’s Sunday so a response ay come your way tomorrow. I’ve been using FooEvents with WCFM and it has been flawless. Except for an error I’m having with the Check-in app that Foo Events is looking into.

Keep in mind WCFM offers a front end access to the FooEvents Dashboard. So many of the questions I see you are asking seem like it should be directed at FooEvents.

Craig
        Participant

I’m happy to hear that you have found the FooEvents to be flawless. That is comforting. I have 7 days to refund if the plug-in do not work great so this is why I have been anxious.

I had logged my original posts 5 days past and purchased the plugin based on WC Lovers recommendation after I had already previously purchased the WooCommerce BoxOffice and WooCommerce Barcodes at the recommendation of this thread: https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/add-bookable-product-type/
        So those plugin purchases are already wasted and I did not want to do another.

As I’m sure you know it takes lots of time out of our day to properly test and then log these issues on top of our other development tasks and it was looking like the FooEvents was not fully integrated as I was lead to believe so I have been anxious yes.

Thanks for your feedback on your experience as that helps me make my decision and feel that the items I have logged can be fixed in due time.

By the way – Which items do you feel are a FooEvents issue? I can redirect those to them.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I’m happy to hear that you have found the FooEvents to be flawless. That is comforting. I have 7 days to refund if the plug-in do not work great so this is why I have been anxious.

– Do not refund anything, All will work with WCFM. As I mentioned you earlier “we are integrating FooEvents with WCFM”

Now, FooEvent is a quite big plugin and it has many addons. So this will take a bit time to make everything available under vendor’s screen.
      Biggest problem is these addons are not built for multi-vendor sites and it’s author not even ready to help us anyway to make this work with vendor environment.
      So we have to find out the relevant way out to make those work with vendors.

We have already implemented FooEvent product creation using WCFM Product Manager and here all addons are supported.
      But other supporting addons are not yet integrated, we are working on those parts as well.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for that information. I will continue with the FooEvents plugins as you say.

It does work pretty well just some glitches to fix as you say in due time!

Thanks for this…it is a really great feature to be able to offer to the marketplace so I’m grateful you have done this.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Add vendor dashboard section dedicated to "tickets" just like "bookings"’ is closed to new replies.