Adding Disk Space Usage Stats to Header / Menu + integration with CPT

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WC Marketplace Adding Disk Space Usage Stats to Header / Menu + integration with CPT

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrei Laurentiu Popescu

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to display the user’s disk space usage stats in the header of the website (differentiated for various custom post types if possible), not only in the store manager environment.

Also, there are some other issues as described below:

> I add a Disk Space Usage restriction to a certain group, for example 100 MB;
      > A user of that group adds various post types (articles and other custom post types);
      > The disk space usage stats take into account all the space used by the added media for the various post types;
      > When they reach 100 MB of uploaded material, they can no longer publish products (Space Limit Reached: You don’t have permission to access this page. Please contact your Store Admin for assistance.) but they can still add any other post types;
      > Even if they continue adding material and use storage space, the Disk Space Usage remains stuck to (in this example) 100 MB / 100 MB (even if they actually uploaded 250 MB, not only 100 MB)

These being said, I was wondering if you may guide me on how I may integrate this with various custom post types.
      For example, I don’t want the added media from Articles/Posts and some custom post types to be taken into account for the Disk Space Usage Limitations (I would like to record these separately), but I would like to take into account the disk space usage caused by other custom post types.
      Also, I would like to get the restriction from your plugin to set restrictions for the custom post types that need to be monitored for disk usage.

Would you please guide me on how to achieve this?

Thank you very much!!

Andrei

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Even if they continue adding material and use storage space, the Disk Space Usage remains stuck to (in this example) 100 MB / 100 MB (even if they actually uploaded 250 MB, not only 100 MB)

– Yeah right, this restriction only applied in Add Product. We will definitely this on “Add Article” as well.

Do you have any other custom post type than “Articles”?

I was wondering if it would be possible to display the user’s disk space usage stats in the header of the website (differentiated for various custom post types if possible), not only in the store manager environment.

– Well, this is not very clear to me. Can you please show me screenshot, where you want to show this?

Thank You

Andrei Laurentiu Popescu

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

> Apart from Articles, I have multiple Custom Post Types created with Toolset, like Portfolios, Events, Projects, etc. I would like to limit for each of them the number of how many can be created using, if possible, your membership system (for example, basic should be only 10 for each of them, silver 100, gold unlimted, etc). Also, the max disk space usage limitations should apply to all.

> For example, I would like to display some boxes just below or above the header menu with the info related to the user limitations for Products and other Custom Post Types if this will be possible. I’m referring to what is displayed in the top right corner of the Store Manager – Home menu. n / N (n – number of published products, N – total number of how many products may be published by the current user). I guess I would need a way to retrieve this info from the plugin.

Please let me know if there is a workaround for this. Thank you very much!!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

OK, understand.

Do you have able to setup custom post type add/manage option under WCFM Dashboard ?

I think it’s most important, then we can apply limit on those!

Thank You

Andrei Laurentiu Popescu

Hi,

In the end I figured out that it is better to keep the store manager (WCFM Dashboard) separate from the other custom post types. This is to avoid confusion. I will have some custom post types for jobs, portfolios, etc.

Regards,
      Andrei

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Ok, but it’s possible to manage all custom post types from WCFM Dashboard.

Thank You

Mitchell Gould
      Participant

PLEASE tell me how to manage all custom post types from WCFM dashboard???

I have similar issue. I have custom post types I want my vendors to be able to create/edit. How do I get them into the vendor dashboard?

Mitchell Gould
      Participant

@Andrei Laurentiu Popescu:

Did you figure out how to allow vendors to manage custom post types?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

It’s off course possible.

We have a sample addon for this as well – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ReqHNcRTXHcrQ-E4fx2TrKYq0OYhG7FX/view?usp=sharing

You have to replace custom post type slug and title at this plugin’s config file.

Thank You

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Adding Disk Space Usage Stats to Header / Menu + integration with CPT’ is closed to new replies.