Adding new translation file

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joonas Kolostov
      Participant

Hi!

I’ve seen that this questions have been asked before but topic had always closed before a solution :O
      I translated WCFM – Frontend manager and WCFM – Frontend manager Ultimate to Estonian language (as is my website)

I did translation using Poedit targeting: wc-frontend-manager.pot and wc-frontend-manager-ultimate.pot files.

I ended up with following files of translation for each plugin:
      wc-frontend-manager-ultimate-et_EE.mo
      wc-frontend-manager-ultimate-et_EE.po

wc-frontend-manager-et_EE.mo
      wc-frontend-manager-et_EE.po

Location of these files are:
      wp-content\plugins\wc-frontend-manager-ultimate\lang
      wp-content\plugins\wc-frontend-manager\lang

The only setting i could find for setting a language is at WordPress Admin -> Settings -> General -> Language
      which is set to estonian.

My website is in production and hosted locally.

Is there any additional setting for Frontend manager to accept my translations or do i have my translation files with wrong name or in a wrong directory?
      Let’s solve this issue once and for all 😀 !

morakisvang
      Participant

I have the same problem in Greek language. Lang folder in server completed for wc-frontend-manager.pot and wc-frontend-manager-ultimate.pot with .po Is there needed and the .mo files and what I can do for .mo? Greek Language settesd also for wordpress. Nothing happened. The list of strings for translation is very big.

I need for my userw (vendors) the translation of almost all strings that they will see.
      I thought to change *_us_US files or .pot files to transleted but I did not doing nothing because I dont know what will happens (if any will be happened).

Thanks.

Joonas Kolostov
        Participant

Hi, Morakisv Ang

I think i can help you with your question about .mo files.

.po Is there needed and the .mo files and what I can do for .mo?

To get corresponding .mo and .po files i used third-party software for windows called “Poedit” you can find a free version that works fine for you here: poedit.net just download and install. Run the program and do “open new” target your [wordpress folder]wp-content/plugins/wc-frontend-manager-ultimate/lang/ and choose file that has “.pot” extension. If you do so, poedit will ask for destination language, choose your favorite 🙂

The list of strings for translation is very big.

Yes indeed, great work will give you great reward, it took me to translate both plugins about 3 days.

If you do translate all of the entries and save the project it should save with file ending with “el_GR” in your case. And in theory frontend manager should accept the translation file instantly and well That’s where i have a problem.

If i find an elegant solution to it i will update this post.

Joonas Kolostov
      Participant

Alright i found solution to my own issue. WCFMu is using WordPress native language setting and WordPress is nativly expecting Estonian language files as “-et” not “-et_EE”. Changing filenames solved my issue.

Important notice doe! Updating WCFM deleted my custom translation files. Thank god i had backups! Always have backups of your stuff guys!

Is there a way to prevent the update from deleting translation files / rewriting the entire translation directory? Or should i make an external plugin that checks existance of certain files in directories and if missing copies them from it’s own storage/backups?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please use “Loco Translate (https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/)” plugin, translation will be very easy for you.

Thank You

morakisvang
      Participant

Thanks Joonas Kolostov and WCFM Forum for your help! The problem translating and install the files is solved by loco plugin and poedit.

Have a nice day!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.