Additional Registration Custom Fields – password update error

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership Additional Registration Custom Fields – password update error

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

It seems that any vendor registered before new “Additional Registration Custom Fields” were added to the vendor registration process can’t update their passwords.

See attached screen shots of the vendor trying to change password and a newly created staff account trying to change their password and says they need to acknowledge those two fields but are not visible because they are at the password rest section not the registration form.

Can you have a look and advise?

Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi Craig,
      The custom registration fields are listed under ‘Additional Info’ tab. Checkout the image – https://imgur.com/TLOAHmP
      The entire Profile page, with all the tabs (Personal, Address, Social,…), is wrapped under a single form element. So unless, all the mandatory fields are supplied it will not gets submitted.
      Thanks!

Craig
      Participant

Hi Sushobhan – thanks for getting back to me.

I have already made some additional fields and made them mandatory. BUT I made these after some vendors already registered so those that registered would never have need to “acknowledge them”.
      BUT when those particular vendors go to try to change their passwords they get an error saying that they need to check those boxes…..but they are not visible at the password changing screen.

This also happens for Staff of those particular vendors they get the same error.

If you look at the bottom of the screen on my first screenshot above you will see the warning about needing to acknowledge those check-boxes but you can’t see them (and you should not need to) when you are just trying to update the password.

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello Craig,
      Please share the snapshot of Additional Info tab, for both types of vendors(i.e. vendor registered before those custom fields introduced and one recent vendor)
      Thanks

Craig
      Participant

Hi There. I see the issue now…it is under the “additional info” tab.

Problem is the error that comes up doesn’t tell you that those check boxes are under the “additional info tab” so that is where I was getting stuck.

Is there a way to highlight where those unchecked boxes are? otherwise I’m sure most vendors will be as confused as I.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Try using the following snippet-

add_action( 'after_wcfm_marketplace_settings', 'focusFailedValidationTab' );
      add_action( 'after_wcfm_wcvendors_profile', 'focusFailedValidationTab' );

function focusFailedValidationTab() {
          ?>
          <script>
              jQuery( document ).ready( function ( $ ) {
                var validationTimer;
                function afterFormValidation( e, form ) {
                  if ( isValidationFailed ) {
                    clearTimeout( validationTimer );
                    validationTimer = setTimeout( function () {
                      $tabHeader = $( form ).find( '.wcfm_validation_failed:first' ).closest( '.wcfm-container' ).prev( '.page_collapsible' );
                      if ( $tabHeader.length ) {
                        $tabHeader.trigger( 'click' );
                      }
                    }, 0 );
                  }
                }

function isValidationFailed( form ) {
                  return $( form ).find( '.wcfm-message.wcfm-error' ).length;
                }

$( document.body ).on( 'wcfm_form_validate', afterFormValidation );
              } );
          </script>
          <?php
      }

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/
      Let me know how this goes.
      Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.