Approve products befor publishing

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Is there an option for the admin to first check and approve the products a vendor wants to publish?

I need to first verify that the vendor meets the publishing requirements.

Thanks!

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Thanks for getting in touch with us.
      To do this, go to Capability from your admin settings and disable Publish Products and Auto Publish Live Products capability under Products section[ref- https://ibb.co/mFRDVMy%5D.
      Next time, when a vendor submits a product, the admin has to approve it from Products page.
      Let me know how it goes.
      Thanks!

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the help!

Does this work even if the vendor upload his products using a csv file?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Yes, this setting will work the same way for CSV upload as well.
      Thanks

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hello,

Thats awesome! One question. Can i set the capabilities to ony upload products using a csv file and not manually?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      No right now that’s not possible. Though it can be custom coded.
      One more thing I want to add in this context, there is a limitation in product import. If a vendor exceeds allowed product limit then import button will not appear at all. But if they have products remaining and import csv with products > remaining number of products then the rest of the products will be imported and assigned ‘Pending’ status.
      Thanks.

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

But if they have products remaining and import csv with products > remaining number of products then the rest of the products will be imported and assigned ‘Pending’ status.

I have product limit to 10 products, but a vendor added 1 product manually and then 14 products using a csv file and now all 15 products are publish.

5 products should be as draft.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Sorry but I couldn’t replicate the issue from my end. It’s working exactly like I explained in my last reply.
      Please provide me a temporary access of your site (admin & vendor). Also, don’t forget to mark it as private.
      Thanks!

r_guayaquil
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      I tried and it worked perfectly. First I logged in as vendor and exported 14 of the existing products to create my import file. Then, I delete those 14 products and imported again. The result is as expected; all the products gets imported with pending status assigned to them.
      You can check that by logging in to your vendor account.
      Thanks!

r_guayaquil
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello
      Well, Admin as owner of the site enjoys unrestricted capability so he/she can publish products of vendors even if they used their full quota of products.
      In second case, your vendor can publish that one additional product only when they delete the additional drafted products.
      Thanks!

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

I think it would be a nice idea for the vendor to have as many products as he wants as dratf, but can only publish according to his capability.

I hope you guys consider this in the next update.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      There is a risk involved in this. For instance, what if vendors try to cheat the marketplace by continually drafting the products once is hits low or nil inventory stock and in that place publish other products. In that case, they will be able to sell more number of products than their allowed product limit.
      That’s why we keep it like this.
      Thanks!

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for explaining 🙂

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.