archived products are 404

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM archived products are 404

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hello,

The archived products on my website seem actually to be erased. If I go to backend and select one of the archived products and visit the product the link provides 404 error. Actually that was what we wanted to prevent, right? Capability to erase products is off so there must be something wrong with the archive functionality.

Example: https://www.communitycorals.de/product/montipora-mean-streak-frag-4/ –> See also screenshot

BR
      Dominique

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

No, products are not erased, but you can not browse archived product.

If it will possible to browse like Published products then what will value for mark archive a product!

If you restore this back then it will again accessible.

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

But that is missing our original purpose of the archived products. Archive products where supposed to be “hidden” products that are also invisible in vendor product view (do not look messy). The archive functionality was supposed to avoid 404 errors (occuring for erased products) and make the products accessible via google search to improve SEO capability.

Please recheck your specifications as there seem to be a missconnect somewhere along the line.

Thanks
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, then do not use Archive Product option. Better set product’s catalog visibility “Hidden” – https://ibb.co/K6Tv14L

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi,

we had this conversation before when we specified the requirement for archived product. If just set to hidden it messes up the product overview in vendor product listing. The archived product fucntionality was supposed to be a good way to sort out products from vendor product listing without having them erased and cause 404 SEO issues.

Would be great if you could double check the benefit of the current archived product functionality to what has been specified before. I think the way it is working now is not the best solution possible for SEO.

Thanks
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

OK, we will take care of this in next update.

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

OK, we will take care of this in next update.

Thanks – Looking forward to it. 🙂

CommunityCorals
      Participant

If possible it would help a lot if the Archive functionality would also be available in bulk menu to archive multiple items in one step.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, we will add “Archive” status under Bulk status update as well – https://ibb.co/NLWxxfv

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

I just updated. For me this bulk option is unfortunately not there. Not sure what´s wrong with my site. Check Screenshot… Do you provide custom support to check for issues like that?

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Please update WCFM Ultimate to the latest version, 6.2.9 and check.

It’s still at 6.2.6 in your site.

Thank You

BizWizMarketing
      Participant

Catalog visibility is not working for. Is there a snippet that I can use to group them under some category and hide the entire category from shop, search, and “more offers” tab??

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Please contact your theme support for the purpose, possible theme template does not respect WooCommerce catalog setting!

Thank You

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.