Ask a Question Button

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

From now the forum will be read-only!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar van.vince2 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
    @TravellersID
    Participant

Hi,

As I remember, the Ask a Question button is located inside the Inquiries tab in single product page. But now I can’t find it there and have to use shortcode to display it somewhere else. Is there a way to make that button showing inside that tab again?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vanilladev89
    Participant

Hey There

The funny part about this question is that I am still trying to figure out why we can’t have it on both. I mean why is there not an ask a question button on the store page and an inquiry button in the tab where you are asking for it? I don’t know but it’s been a hot topic around the forum for some time and eventually they streamlined it by making it only on the store page. I asked for the same thing you did and this is the code snippet they sent me.

add_filter( ‘wcfm_is_pref_enquiry_button’, ‘__return_false’ );

Hope this helped.

Cheers

WCFM Forum
    WCFM Forum
    Keymaster

Right, that setting option is now deprecated.

It can be possible using this filter –

add_filter( 'wcfm_is_pref_enquiry_button', '__return_false' );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
    In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

@TravellersID
    Participant

Hi guys,

Thank you, the code works! I only need the button in single product since I’m not using vendor store page at the moment.

WCFM Forum
    WCFM Forum
    Keymaster

OK, do you want disable “Sold By” from products?

karl ohin
    Participant

Hi

Is there a method or way to disable the ask a Question from individual product s?

Thanks

Hello,

In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

add_action('init','remove_enquiry_pos');
      function remove_enquiry_pos() {
      	global $WCFM;	
      	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 15);
      	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 25);
      	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 35);
      }

Thanks.

karl ohin
        Participant
        This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,

Sorry, but have to write this code,

add_action('init','remove_enquiry_pos');
          	global $WCFM;	
          	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 15);
          	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 25);
          	remove_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary', array( $WCFM->wcfm_enquiry, 'wcfm_enquiry_button' ), 35);
          }

Please don’t replace the priority with the “product id”.

Thanks.

karl ohin
            Participant

Hi,

Sorry about that .

How do i control the individual product ?

So if i want just the 422 product to not show the button where is that controlled from ?

many thanks

Hi,

Try this code,

add_action('woocommerce_single_product_summary','remove_enquiry_pos',10);
              	global $WCFM,$product;
              	$product_id = $product->get_id();
              	if($product_id == 422 ) {
              	}
              }

Thanks.

pisidia
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m not sure if I should open a new thread for this, but this is my question:

Is it possible to have the “Ask A Question” button:
    1. In the shop loop, with the button being under every product
    2. Button only available to specific user ROLE (for example, only ‘wholesaler’ user role can see this button)

The way the button functions is perfect, with how it opens a popup form. And the form itself is perfect too. Is it easily possible to have this button in the Shop loop?

Hello,

To show “Ask a question” button n shop page only for “wholesaler” role,

add_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item','shoploop_wcfm_enquiry_button', 9 );
      function shoploop_wcfm_enquiry_button(){
      	global $product;
      	$vendor_id   = wcfm_get_vendor_id_by_post( $product_id );	
      	$button_style     = 'margin-right:10px;';
      	$hover_color      = '';
      	$hover_text_color = '#ffffff';
      	$wcfm_options = $WCFM->wcfm_options;
      	$wcfm_store_color_settings = get_option( 'wcfm_store_color_settings', array() );
      	if( !empty( $wcfm_store_color_settings ) ) {
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'background: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] . ';border-bottom-color: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_text'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'color: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_text'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_bg'] ) ) { $hover_color = $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_bg']; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_text'] ) ) { $hover_text_color = $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_text']; }
      	} else {
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'background: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] . ';border-bottom-color: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_text_color_settings'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'color: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_text_color_settings'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_base_highlight_color_settings'] ) ) { $hover_color = $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_base_highlight_color_settings']; }
      	}	
      	$wcfm_enquiry_button_label  = isset( $wcfm_options['wcfm_enquiry_button_label'] ) ? $wcfm_options['wcfm_enquiry_button_label'] : __( 'Ask a Question', 'wc-frontend-manager' );	
      	$button_class = '';
      	if( !is_user_logged_in() && apply_filters( 'wcfm_is_allow_enquiry_with_login', false ) ) { $button_class = ' wcfm_login_popup'; }
      	if( is_user_logged_in()) {
      		$user = wp_get_current_user();
                      //replace the "wholesaler" role with your required role
      		if ( in_array( 'wholesaler', (array) $user->roles ) ) {
      	?>
      		<div class="wcfm_ele_wrapper wcfm_catalog_enquiry_button_wrapper">
      			<div class="wcfm-clearfix"></div>
      			<a href="#" class="wcfm_catalog_enquiry <?php echo $button_class; ?>" data-store="<?php echo $vendor_id; ?>" data-product="<?php echo $product_id; ?>" style="<?php echo $button_style; ?>"><span class="wcfmfa fa-question-circle"></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="add_enquiry_label"><?php _e( $wcfm_enquiry_button_label, 'wc-frontend-manager' ); ?></span></a>
      			<?php do_action( 'wcfm_after_product_catalog_enquiry_button' ); ?>
      			<?php if( $hover_color ) { ?>
      				<style>
      				a.wcfm_catalog_enquiry:hover{background: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;background-color: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;border-bottom-color: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;color: <?php echo $hover_text_color; ?> !important;}
      				</style>
      			<?php } ?>
      		</div>
      	<?php
      		}
      	}
      }

Thanks.

karl ohin
      Participant

Thanks that worked perfect

So i have a few products where i want to do this will i put

if($product_id == 422 && 333 && 222 ) {

Thanks for the help

Hi,

It should be
        if($product_id == 422 || $product_id == 333 || $product_id == 222 ) {

Thanks.

pisidia
    Participant

Thank you too, Sarmistha. Your code worked perfectly!

You are always welcome 🙂

Let me know if there’s anything else we can help you with.
    Can we ask for a favor? Would you mind taking a few minutes to review our plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wc-multivendor-marketplace/reviews/ and let others know about your 5 Star experience with WCFM Marketplace. Also, follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/wcfmmp for more exciting news, important updates, and irresistible offers.

pisidia
    Participant

Hi @sarmistha!

So one more question on the Inquiry button. The code you sent has worked out perfectly, and the wholesaler role is able to send inquiry for product, right from the shop loop. Perfect!

My question now is: Is it easily possible to show the product inquiry button differently, IF the currently logged in wholesaler has sent an inquiry on the product before?

So something like:

IF the currently logged in wholesaler role has never sent an inquiry on this product {
    show the button just as you have sent it, in the shop loop;
    } else {
    // if the currently logged in wholesaler has already sent an inquiry before on this specific product
    show a different style button; (the button will function just the same, but wholesaler will have a visual cue that (s)he sent inquiry before)
    }

Is this possible?

Hi,

What you can do display a message before “Ask a Question” button to modify the previous code,

add_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item','shoploop_wcfm_enquiry_button', 9 );
      function shoploop_wcfm_enquiry_button(){
      	global $product,$wpdb;
      	$vendor_id   = wcfm_get_vendor_id_by_post( $product_id );	
      	$button_style     = 'margin-right:10px;';
      	$hover_color      = '';
      	$hover_text_color = '#ffffff';
      	$wcfm_options = $WCFM->wcfm_options;
      	$wcfm_store_color_settings = get_option( 'wcfm_store_color_settings', array() );
      	if( !empty( $wcfm_store_color_settings ) ) {
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'background: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] . ';border-bottom-color: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_bg'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_text'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'color: ' . $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_text'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_bg'] ) ) { $hover_color = $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_bg']; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_text'] ) ) { $hover_text_color = $wcfm_store_color_settings['button_active_text']; }
      	} else {
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'background: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] . ';border-bottom-color: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_background_color_settings'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_text_color_settings'] ) ) { $button_style .= 'color: ' . $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_button_text_color_settings'] . ';'; }
      		if( isset( $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_base_highlight_color_settings'] ) ) { $hover_color = $wcfm_options['wc_frontend_manager_base_highlight_color_settings']; }
      	}	
      	$wcfm_enquiry_button_label  = isset( $wcfm_options['wcfm_enquiry_button_label'] ) ? $wcfm_options['wcfm_enquiry_button_label'] : __( 'Ask a Question', 'wc-frontend-manager' );	
      	$button_class = '';
      	if( !is_user_logged_in() && apply_filters( 'wcfm_is_allow_enquiry_with_login', false ) ) { $button_class = ' wcfm_login_popup'; }
      	if( is_user_logged_in()) {
      		$user = wp_get_current_user();
                      //replace the "wholesaler" role with your required role
      		if ( in_array( 'wholesaler', (array) $user->roles ) ) {
      	?>
      		<div class="wcfm_ele_wrapper wcfm_catalog_enquiry_button_wrapper">
      			<?php
      			$table_name = $wpdb->prefix . "wcfm_enquiries";
      			$current_user_id = get_current_user_id();
      	  		$have_enquiry = $wpdb->get_results( "SELECT * FROM $table_name WHERE <code>product_id</code>=$product_id AND <code>customer_id</code>=$current_user_id" );

if(!empty($have_enquiry)) {
      	  			echo '<p style="clear:both">'.__('You have sent inquiry before','wc-frontend-manager').'</p>';
      	  		} ?>
      			<a href="#" class="wcfm_catalog_enquiry <?php echo $button_class; ?>" data-store="<?php echo $vendor_id; ?>" data-product="<?php echo $product_id; ?>" style="<?php echo $button_style; ?>"><span class="wcfmfa fa-question-circle"></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="add_enquiry_label"><?php _e( $wcfm_enquiry_button_label, 'wc-frontend-manager' ); ?></span></a>
      			<?php do_action( 'wcfm_after_product_catalog_enquiry_button' ); ?>
      			<?php if( $hover_color ) { ?>
      				<style>
      				a.wcfm_catalog_enquiry:hover{background: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;background-color: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;border-bottom-color: <?php echo $hover_color; ?> !important;color: <?php echo $hover_text_color; ?> !important;}
      				</style>
      			<?php } ?>
      		</div>
      	<?php
      		}
      	}
      }

Thanks.

pisidia
    Participant

This worked perfectly with a little modification, @sarmistha – Brilliant, and thank you!!

van.vince2
    Participant

Please i wan to make the “ask question button” display “contact supplier” and make the inquiry popup display the contact details (say numbers) of certain vendors.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.