Auto login during vendor membership registration

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      bruce.rockow
      Participant

I am using WCFM Marketplace with WCFM ultimate and Membership add-on.
      When a vendor registers they are immediately logged in as a subscriber even if they haven’t completed choosing a membership plan. Do I have a setting wrong? I would like the person registering to have to receive an email and follow a link just as if they were to apply for a WordPress subscription. I really don’t want the vendor to be able to actually log in until admin approvers their vendor registration request.

Thanks,

bruce.rockow
      Participant

In addition, I have tried checking the email verification code box where the vendor gets an email and they have to fill in the code number. The process works the same way. The vendor is immediately logged in as a subscriber. That is not the way I need it to work.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

DO you have keep “Registration” as first for Membership subscription?

Please check this to “Choose Plan” as first step.

You may set this setting from WCFM Membership setting – https://ibb.co/SJBgM1p

Thank You

bruce.rockow
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      bruce.rockow
      Participant
      bruce.rockow
      Participant

Hi,

I am wondering if there has been any progress on my issue? I have provided all credentials to my site in my last post. I did mark my last 2 posts private and not sure if you received them.

Thank you kindly

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have received your messages, but we not yet find out any way to restrict vendors from login after registration.

If it’s normal registration still it will work, but for membership subscription it’s not working.

Membership subscription process not completing!

So we are looking for a way out to bypass this.

Thank You

bruce.rockow
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We not yet got any reliable solution for this.

We are trying to “logout” users at thank you page!

Thank You

bruce.rockow
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

How much longer before we can get this solved?

– Well, this is not a problem or bug! You asked me for a solution to change WP default behavior.

It’s not that easy!

We were trying to finding out a way out for this.

Please add this code to your site, it will auto-logout users at Membership Thank you page –

add_action('template_redirect', function( $template ) {
      	if( function_exists( 'wcfm_membership_registration_current_step' ) && function_exists( 'wcfm_is_vendor' ) ) {
      		$current_step = wcfm_membership_registration_current_step();
      		if( $current_step && ( $current_step == 'thankyou' ) && !wcfm_is_vendor() ) {
      			wp_clear_auth_cookie();
      		}
      	}
      	return $template;
      }, 1 );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

bruce.rockow
      Participant

Hi,

Thank You for your explanation regarding this being WP default behavior. That being the case I understand there not being an easy solution.
      I added the code you suggested to my child theme functions.php file. Unfortunately I received a fatal error and my site would not come up. There seems to be a syntax error that I cannot seem figure out. Could you check the code and see if maybe there may be an error? I am not proficient in php.
      Thanks again for your support.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, this code does not have any syntax error, I have tested this many times before send you – https://ibb.co/1q41XM4

When you are pasting this be sure single quotes (‘) are same as here.

If you are trying to add this code from wp-admin ->Theme editor then it will not save.

Better, add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

bruce.rockow
      Participant

Hi,

I see what I did wrong. I copied your code from my email and did not realize that Gmail did not display it the same as what was in the support thread. My fault for not seeing the difference. You are very much correct. Your code works fine and now the user is automatically logged off during the Membership Registration process.
      I do have one last question. Will this possibly be a part of any upcoming release? I am curious to know if this is something you are considering even though it is no fault of WCFM.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Auto login during vendor membership registration’ is closed to new replies.