Chat Box Notifications

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      wm
      Participant

We purchased Ultimate and setup the chat box as described in your installation article. After testing, I realized that there are no notifications. So far as I can tell, the only way to know if there is an incoming chat is to look at the chat box page in Manager. I tried a couple different browsers and there was no notification sound, popup, nothing. I know the sound notifications work for other actions because I have heard them. Am I missing something or is there simply no notification? Clearly, if you want to chat, you are going to have to be signed in to your account and at your computer, but what if I have another window active and don’t realize a chat is coming in? How about when I am on the products page and a chat comes in? There needs to be a sound or popup or something to alert me that chat is incoming. Otherwise, it is not going to be very real-time. I don’t know if it is a plugin issue or a Firebase issue. I don’t know if there is a notification that I am not seeing or hearing or if there is simply no notification. I would appreciate any info you may have. Thanks.

Auhouse.ru
      Participant

+

Cookie
      Participant

+

Auhouse.ru
      Participant

I’ll also note this not for the first time, I would like to be able to continue the dialogue with the buyer after the supplier sees a new chat

Indieson
      Participant

+

Mumin Fayaz
      Participant

Add this code in your child theme, if you dont have one, use a php snippet plugin and paste this code:

add_filter( ‘wcfm_is_allow_desktop_notification’, ‘__return_true’ );
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_is_allow_new_message_check’, ‘__return_true’ );
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_orders_is_allow_auto_refresher’, ‘__return_true’ );
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_new_message_check_duration’, function($time) {
      return 10000; // its in milisecond so 10000 = 10s
      } );

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.