Chat module that doesnt rely on TalkJS (it's pricing is insane)

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request Chat module that doesnt rely on TalkJS (it's pricing is insane)

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      tech2
      Participant

You guys wrote this back in Feb:

February 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm#47935
      In reply to: TalkJS to expensive and dosn’t follow GDPR etc.
      WCFM Forum
      WCFM Forum

Keymaster
      Hi,

We are accepting your points.

Well, we are creating our own Chat Server to replace TalkJS.

It will be available very soon.

Thank You

Is there any Update on this? I just can’t see anyone actually using TalkJS. $3000 – $5000 per year for all features. INSANE and no idea why you even bothered to write it into the platform!

Cap Luis
      Participant

I thought the same thing, if you don’t have a high turnover, and you’re starting your business, it’s an absurd price.

The dollar today is worth 4x my local currency

I would like an alternative to this paid chat. Managed individually by each store.

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes it is definitely in our to-do list. Though, for last couple of months it does not get enough attention due to our other commitments and priorities. We will resume this as soon as possible. As of now, sharing a timeline would be difficult.
      Thanks

tahitibora1
      Participant

A chat feature is a major for any E-commerce website and enables the trust of any marketplace and the conversation to and from seller & buyer/customer.

please consider this as a major thing to do on your list, i am presently testing all your plugins and need this for sure.

Keep up the positive support as always

Please

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi @tahitibora1, Thanks for showing your interest. We will prioritize this in coming days. As of now, you can use the existing TalkJS version.

tech2
      Participant

Prioritizing this would be great. TalkJS just isn’t a solution for anyone really but this feature is still very important

ugsm134
      Participant

Hi guys. Who is interested in whatsapp plugin for sellers? It can customized for wcfm customers for 250 $ for the lifetime.

tech2
        Participant

Please don’t take offence but I can’t see how that holds any value. You’re just allowing vendors to communicate away from the marketpalce. Giving them the opportunity to make deals / sales outside of the marketplace and only see that as a major concern.

There are Whatsapp and facebook messenger options but they’re the same, taking business away from the platform which is a MASSIVE NO!

tahitibora1
      Participant

TalkJS is too pricey for any chat feature and would hope that Wclovers can integrate their own or offer a wp plugin they can recommend.

Tech 2 I agree with what you are saying, and I think that although some vendors will, of course, do exactly what you say make deals outside of the marketplace, chat enables the trust of any marketplace and the conversation to and from seller & buyer/customer.
      So there are numerous other ways you can and will lose vendors outside of the marketplace…ie social networks.

If vendors are making money and have the trust of customers they are more likely to stay on the marketplace, but they should have and will have the freedom to sell and do business elsewhere ….that’s just how it is.

But again TalkJS is too pricey for any chat feature and would hope that Wclovers can integrate their own or offer a wp plugin they can recommend.
      Just a thought here, maybe the conversations could be logged/recorded so there is a record of conversations between buyer and seller on the marketplace for the admin, this would stop leakage and abuse of the marketplace.

andrew2
      Participant

Hi everyone check out YITH Live Chat. Can we integrate WCFM with this?

YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor allows you to turn your store into a multistore where vendors manage their own product and earn a commission on every sale. The integration between YITH Live Chat and YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor plugin allows each user to use a chat system that users can access from the vendor detail page. The messages in this chat are going to be sent only to the vendor, not to store global admins.

andrew2
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We are looking into this.

satish jain
      Participant

very disappointed with the chat system. I Just bought a lifetime deal but not happy with the chat system.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We will add Firebase (https://firechat.firebaseapp.com/) free chat API support very soon.

Thank You

tech2
      Participant

Sounds great and looks like it could fit the bill very well! Looking forward to this update, it’s hugely important in my opinion.

Cheers

tech2
      Participant

I assume it will be adapted though? The group and invite options are pointless. It should specifically be between the potential / customer and the specific vendor in question and obviously be kept on the platform with logs available to safeguard the website from vendors making deals outside of the platform

vanilladev89
      Participant

Hello,

I wanted to show support for this feature as well. I am very excited for this to be added to this platform and thank you for taking the time to implement this feature! Increases my happiness with purchasing your plugins.

-VD

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

This integration already released with WCFM Ultimate 6.4.0
      For setup please go though this – https://docs.wclovers.com/live-chat/

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Chat module that doesnt rely on TalkJS (it's pricing is insane)’ is closed to new replies.