Commission settings not working correctly – please help!

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WC Marketplace Commission settings not working correctly – please help!

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

We can’t get the commission setting to work and we have been working and testing this for days!

PLEASE HELP – this is a critical issue we can seem to resolve.

Our objective is to only recover the paypal fees which are:
      2.9% + $0.30 on each purchase Transaction
      $0.32 on each mass payment (Withdrawal)
      – taxes and shipping also go to the vendor

This is my test:

This is the mass pay on a vendor order that totaled $7.35 before any fees
      Order #1 $1.05 (paypal purchase fee [.03+.30] = .33)
      Order #2 $2.10 (paypal purchase fee [.06+.30] = .36)
      Order #3 $1.05 (paypal purchase fee [.03+.30] = .33)
      Order #4 $3.15 (paypal purchase fee [.09+.30]= .39)

SO Total PayPal purchase fees SHOULD be = .33+.36+.33+.39 = $1.41 on this set of orders

SO resulting payout SHOULD be $7.35 – $1.42 = $5.94
      MINUS one single payout fee of .32 = $5.62
      Recipient is supposed to get $5.62 not $3.52

See attached screen shots

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I think, there has some Tax and Shipping cost for these orders.

Now, commission does not apply on Tax and Shipping costs, these are either go to Admin or Vendor.

You have set these will go to Vendor, so total shipping+ tax amount go to vendor.

But I understand your concept, for this commission rule should be work on Tax and Shipping cost as well, and then only it will match your calculation.

Add these two line to your child theme’s functions.php and test –

add_filter( 'wcfmmp_is_allow_commission_on_tax', '__return_true' );
      add_filter( 'wcfmmp_is_allow_commission_on_shipping', '__return_true' );

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Hi there,

We already have that code snippet added from a previous conversation (thanks for that very much).

I think that I have found the issue that is happening – the fixed part of the commission is being multiplied by the number of units included in the order. Our commission rule is “2.9% + 0.30 per transaction”

Our intention is that the fixed commission portion ($0.30) is only added once per order and not dependent on the the number if items in the order (per vendor)

See attached screenshot for another test on a $3.00 item with tax (tax is 5%)
      and commission rule is 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction

1 unit purchase total = $3.15, current fee displayed is .69, BUT fee should be = .39 (.09 [2.9% of 3.15] + .30 fixed)
      resulting in .30 too much (1x fixed portion of the commission on a 1 item purchase)

2 unit purchase total= $6.30, current fee displayed is $1.08, BUT fee should be = .48 (.18 [2.9% of 6.30] + .30 fixed)
      resulting in .60 too much (2x fixed portion of the commission on 2 item purchase)

4 unit purchase total = $12.60, current fee displayed is $1.87, BUT fee should be = .67 (.37 [2.9% of 12.60] + .30 fixed)
      resulting in 1.20 too much (4x fixed portion of the commission on a 4 item purchase)

Can you confirm if that is how you intended the “fixed” portion of the commission to be applied?
      and of so can you provide code instructions for me so that only one fixed fee is applied per Vendor in an order not dependent no the number of their items in that order).

In the case where there are more than one vendor then we would also want that fixed portion of the commission ($0.30) to be added per vendor
      for example 3 vendors included in the order would charge 2.9% + 0.30 for EACH vendor involved in the order which would result in .30 + .30 +.30 of the fixed fees going to Admin on a 3 vendor order.
      I hope that makes sense.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I think that I have found the issue that is happening – the fixed part of the commission is being multiplied by the number of units included in the order. Our commission rule is “2.9% + 0.30 per transaction”

– You are right, fixed considered for each quantity. Now, if you order 5 quantity then it will be multiplied by 5

But this can be tweak as well, add this code snippet –

add_filter( 'wcfmmp_order_item_quantity', function( $quantity, $product_id, $variation_id, $item_price, $vendor_id, $order_id ) {
      	return 1;
      }, 50, 6 );

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Commission settings not working correctly – please help!’ is closed to new replies.