- May 6, 2020 at 12:40 pm #127298
I sent a message through your website’s pre-sale question section several days ago and also another follow up email few days back. I have neither received an acknowledgment nor a response in regard to my questions. We would appreciate it if you can address the following questions before we proceeding ahead with the plugin.
Our main requirement is as below. Please let us know whether WCFM allows us to have the following. And also, if any of the following features require specific addons, do let us know along with the pricing and flexible options.
1) We need to allow the restaurant owners (vendors) to submit their daily special dish (product) through the frontend. Restaurants should be categorized according to their location/city. In the front-end, once a user selects a location, for example, new york, instead of listing the restaurants in new york, we want the products (dishes) that are available in new york to be listed in that page.
2) Geo-location / Radius Search: This plugin is to be used on a website that will be used in Sri Lanka. So will the geolocation service you suggest works there? This is also one of the main components we are looking for. We need the site to be able to pick up the user’s location automatically.
3) Fixed fee commission to be charged as an admin fee from the vendor.
4) Order management – Can the vendor manage his orders through his vendor dashboard?
5) Delivery – Can the vendor manage the delivery of the meals through his dashboard?
6) Subscription plans for vendors – We need to integrate a subscription plan for the vendors which will have certain caps for each plan. I.e. Free plan will allow only 1 product, likewise.
7) Payment gateway integration – We would be using a woocommerce based payment gateway to acquire payments for the customer transactions. How will the payment workflow works? Do all the payments come directly to the admin? How will the admin distribute the payments? Is cash on delivery also possible? Does the system utilize Woocommerce payment modules or does WCFM come with its own payment modules?
8) We will be having add-ons for each product. For example, assume we have Chicken rice and curry as one of the products. The said product will have additional options for the users to have add-ons for extra prices that will get added to the price. Like, Extra Egg +Rs.5/= likewise. How can we achieve this kind of requirement through WCFM?
9) In addition to the above scenario, we need to have the users be able to select predefined options for certain dishes. For example, the rice and curry – the user should be able to select the vegetables that go into his rice. These set of options will be provided along with the Rice and Curry product. No additional costs will be involved for the selections, but users should be able to select x number of vegetables out of 8 – 10 varieties.
10) Most important question: Does WCFM come with Multi-vendor capabilities from its core or does it depend on any third-party plugins? As in, in order for the WCFM to function with multi-vendor capabilities (like allowing vendors to signup, subscriptions, etc.), does it require to have the assistance of another 3rd party plugin like dokan? If it doesn’t support, what is the purpose of the WCFM plugin / what does it offer from its core? Please explain.
We would appreciate it if you guys can respond to this at your earliest for us to decide and finalize.
- May 7, 2020 at 3:39 pm #127961
I’ll request you to install our plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-multivendor-marketplace/ and get started! You can then go through our documentation page https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/ and https://docs.wclovers.com/. You can check our demos from here- https://wcfmmp.wcfmdemos.com/ and https://wclovers.com/demos/
It is difficult to tell what plugins you will require during development. From your requirement it seems you will require WCFM Groups & Staffs and WCFM Ultimate addons. And there might be some 3rd party plugins as well.
- May 12, 2020 at 1:19 pm #129947
Thank you Sushobhan for the reply. I’ve installed and had been playing around with the plugin during the past few days. However, I am still unsure about the fact of whether we would require to install any 3rd party multi-vendor plugin such as dokan or WC marketplace in order for us to have the multi-vendor capability within the site?
- May 12, 2020 at 5:40 pm #130027
WCFM Marketplace is a marketplace plugin and I’m guessing you have already installed that. That means you already have multivendor capability added to your site.
Also, you can’t use 2 multivendor plugins at once. It will break each other’s functionality. Test them separately and decide which one fits your requirement better.
If you have any queries or concern do let me know!
Thank You 🙂
- May 17, 2020 at 1:03 pm #132133
I have been configuring and had been setting up the WCFM Marketplace throughout this week. However, I still couldn’t figure out how to achieve the following:
Once the vendor adds their product through the frontend, users should be able to find that product according to the vendor’s location. For example, in the front-end, once a user selects a location, for example, new york, instead of listing the restaurants in new york, I want the products that are available in new york to be listed in that page (products of the vendors in that area).
- May 17, 2020 at 6:03 pm #132203
To do this, go to Geo Location tab under Settings (WCFM admin dashboard) and enable Product List Radius Search checkbox. This will enable the address filter on the shop page.
- June 28, 2020 at 11:31 pm #144869This reply has been marked as private.
- July 2, 2020 at 8:01 pm #145722
The API response from your server is not valid/complete. Have you made any changes to the WCFM API plugin?
I would request you to upgrade to the latest version of https://wordpress.org/plugins/wcfm-marketplace-rest-api/. That should fix the issue.
- July 29, 2020 at 3:47 pm #157759
The app works fine. Thank you for assisting.
If we are getting multiple orders, we should have a way to sort the orders on the orderlist page. I couldn’t figure out a way to enable this. Can you please guide me through on how to make the order page sortable, so the vendor can sort the orders accordingly. If not all the fields, at least the shipping address should be sortable. So if clicked, multiple orders from a similar address will be sorted and shown in a sorted way.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.