Custom Capability in Multisite

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      k.szloser
      Participant

Hi, I can’t use custom capabilities on multisite installation, every time I restrict category, change product number etc. on one site it will affect all other sites.#Can you separate DB’s so I can change this settings. This’s happening when it’s the same vendor across sites

Craig
      Participant

In my early days of developing my marketplace I was advised by many not to use WordPress “multi-Site” because most plugins (especially marketplace plugins) are not developed or designed to work on multi-Site and you will forever run into issues like you are experiencing right now.

Is there a reason you are using muti-site?

(fyi – I’m a user of the WC Lovers plugins… Not a developer for them)

k.szloser
      Participant

Simply because is sooo much better. In many ways. If done correctly of course.
      I’m running over 60 sites on mulitisite installation, one huge ecommerce shop with over 100 top end plugins. All without any issues. WCLOVERS plugin is activated on every site separately so should run without any issues. Apparently some of tables are placed in main directory and all shops using them. All I asking is separate it so each shop will run own set.

Craig
      Participant

I see. Thanks for explaining. Is sounds like you know what you are doing.

This was advice provided to me from a recent marketplace plugin I was using before WC Lovers and they indicated that don’t ever plan to be “multi-site” compatible and the administrative nightmare it can be.

k.szloser
      Participant

wclovers isn’t multisite compatible, it must be activated separately on each site, all vendors, customers, orders etc are sync through MySQL so for all users it looks like one shop. In fact , it’s over 60 shops.
      Just do simple maths, how many products single wordpress shop will hold before slow down or crash? I limited each shop to 70k and is running just fine. All tested to 100k.
      Don’t take me wrong, it’s way more challenging to administrator running it but in my opinion it’s worth it.

Craig
      Participant

That is valuable information. Thanks for that.

I was under the impression that you had to install all the plugins on every site of the multi-site – which means if they don’t have an unlimited site licence you need to pay for a licence on each of the 60 sites? That alone deterred me from multi-site.

Is that not the case? For example if you wanted to offer “woocommerce bookings” on each of the 60 sites they offer a 25 site licence so you would need to purchase 3 of those to get your 60 activations and updates?

k.szloser
      Participant

most of plugins can be purchased on “Unlimited” licence, just few are like WClovers. After all I’m making £££ on each website so it’s fine for it. All licences cost me over 15k every year. Nothing comparing to profits.
      BTW, I’m using wclovers just on test sites at this moment, I’m using another booking solution on live.
      WClovers have few nice features so I was thinking about implementing. You know how it is… testing, testing, testing.

Craig
      Participant

That’s great news. I appreciate the information and confirmation.

And I hear you 100% ….testing…testing….testing!

Hey a site you might be interested in is http://www.appsumo.com Have you ever heard of them? I have purchased many many SaaS deals off their site and you might find some of them useful for your operations.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.