Different taxes for different groups

WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace – Home Forums WCFM – Groups & Staffs Different taxes for different groups

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by WCfM Forum WCfM Forum 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Unai

Hello,

I’m considering getting the Groups & Staffs plugin, but I have a question about it before I do so.

On my marketplace, There will be basically three groups of vendors:

1- Individuals selling handcrafted products. Not registered for VAT (or equivalent) since they don’t make enough money for that.
    2- Small businesses not registered for VAT. Actual companies that are too small to pay taxes on the products they sell.
    3- Businesses big enough to pay taxes, and therefore registered for VAT.

With this plugin, would it be possible to make the products sold by 1 & 2 not applicable for tax? By this I mean that, on the cart or the checkout, VAT would not be calculated at all and it would not be charged.

The opposite thing goes for the group 3. Products sold by those vendors would be paying taxes normally. This tax would go to my account at first, and then I would transfer it to them when they requested a withdrawal so they can pay their taxes on their own.

Is this something possible?

Thanks!

• #57160 Reply
    WCfM Forum
    WCfM Forum
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m considering getting the Groups & Staffs plugin

– Well, hope you are using WCFM Membership and have different plans, right?

So, you already have option to setup different commission rule for different membership plans.

Now, you may decided which membership users will receive product tax and which not!

Product wise tax can be manipulated, but it will be good to keep same Tax rule for all products, otherwise customers will be confused.

Thank You

Reply To: Different taxes for different groups
Your information: