Disable seller store page/url

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Stein

Hello,

I wish to disable the page that is generated via Marketplace Settings > Vendor store URL.
      As I think this page is unnecessary for my purpose. My vendors will only be able to add their products, no commissions, no seller pages, no reviews etc,etc.

Is this a possibility?

With kind regards,
      Stein

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah sure, you just have to set off “Visible Sold By” from WCFM Admin Setting -> Marketplace Setting -> https://ibb.co/YBNwPH2

Thank you

Stein

Hello,

This checkbox sadly is already empty, but I can visit the page anyways.
      I won’t link to the seller anywhere on the website, but I would assume that you can see the seller pages via Google.

Click here
      Click here

Thanks for answering!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

You can visit those URLs, but users will not see this in site anymore.

No, Sold By label will be there in site.

Actually, this is “Author” page URL and WP generate this for any registered users. This can not stop from generating.

It’s only possible whether this will publicly available or not!

Thank You

Fany VanDaal
      Participant

Hello,

I would have a similar issue:

If I turn off the seller’s store, the link to his site returns “error 404”.
      Can somehow be made to display the “Seller was terminated” page?

Thank you for answer.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“I turn off the seller’s store” – How you have did this?

“the link to his site returns “error 404”” – If store is OFF then still how Store Link available at site frontend? Where, please show me screenshot!

Thank You

Fany VanDaal
      Participant

Turn off shop in Settings-> Sellers
      The button image is highlighted.
      But then the URL does not exist and the site returns 404

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

OK, you have disabled store.

But then how you are accessing Store URL as customer? Is this visible somewhere is frontend? With product or some where else?

Well, if you already know Store URL and trying to browse that by copy at browser bar then that’s a different case!

Thank You

Fany VanDaal
      Participant

Yes, Google may index the seller’s page and then show it in search results. If a customer clicks on such a link, 404 is displayed and is not sure to look at other products.

Certainly, it would be better to see a “This store is temporarily closed” message. Already in principle, you can turn on the business again.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, tell me what happen if you have published an article to the site, Google Indexed and after few days you have set that article “pending” or deleted?

Then that index URL also show 404

Certainly, it would be better to see a “This store is temporarily closed” message. Already in principle, you can turn on the business again.

We will do this, nice idea! But will not solve all purpose, vendor may be deleted and then their store URL still show 404

Thank you

Fany VanDaal
      Participant

Yes, the seller may be removed.

Then the system should also be treated, for example by automatically redirecting to the start page if the vendor does not exist.

Because the vendor will only be deactivated, even in this case, the system has information about the situation.

Perhaps it would be a better solution not to “turn off” the vendor, but put it in the “maintenance” state and allow the administrator to preset the page to be displayed in such a state.
      That would be probably the best solution.

It would certainly be a very interesting feature.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Disable seller store page/url’ is closed to new replies.