Disable Vendor adding sku

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      maarouf79
      Participant

I wan’t disable for vendor adding or change sku (it’s in inventory tab)
      ///SKU refers to a Stock-keeping unit, a unique identifier for each distinct product and service that can be purchased.///

I used before this code in my child function.php But it’s not working anymore:

function append_sku_string( $link, $post ) {
      $post_meta = get_post_meta( $post->ID, ‘_sku’, true );
      if ( ‘product’ == get_post_type( $post ) ) {
      $link = $link . ‘#’ .$post_meta;
      return $link;
      }
      }
      add_filter( ‘post_type_link’, ‘append_sku_string’, 1, 2 );

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

This code is not at all for WCFM.

Please know me your requirement, I will give you code for the purpose.

Thank You

maarouf79
      Participant

Cool thx,
      1. disable add SKU for all except admin
      2. Disable Enable reviews in Tab Advanced
      3. Disable the meta box Brand Categories
      4. i use a plugin called WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities. I wan’t have it in Vendor Dashboard

5. And if it’s possible, allow vendor only change order status to processing, shipped and completed.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I will send you code for those very soon.

“WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities” this plugin is out dated, not compatible with WC 3.0, so be careful before using.

Thank You

maarouf79
      Participant

Ok thank you. I have removed the WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities and have installed WooCommerce Min/Max Quantities.
      I will translate your Plugin in German on wordpress.org

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Really thanks for the translation contribution.

Between, here is your codes –

1. Hiding SKU –

function wcfm_cspm_product_fields_stock( $stock_fields, $product_id, $product_type ) {
      	if( wcfm_is_vendor() && isset( $stock_fields['sku'] ) ) {
      		$stock_fields['sku']['class'] = 'wcfm_custom_hide';
      		$stock_fields['sku']['label_class'] = 'wcfm_custom_hide';
      	}
      	return $stock_fields;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_product_fields_stock', 'wcfm_cspm_product_fields_stock', 50, 3 );

2. Enable Review Hide –

function wcfm_custom_product_manage_fields_advanced( $advanced_fields ) {
      	if( wcfm_is_vendor() && isset( $advanced_fields['enable_reviews'] ) ) {
      		$advanced_fields['enable_reviews']['dfvalue'] = 'enable'; 
      		$advanced_fields['enable_reviews']['class'] = ' wcfm_custom_hide';
      		$advanced_fields['enable_reviews']['label_class'] = ' wcfm_custom_hide';
      	}
      	return $advanced_fields;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_product_manage_fields_advanced', 'wcfm_custom_product_manage_fields_advanced', 50 );

3. Disable the meta box Brand Categories
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_custom_taxonomy', '__return_false' );

4. Great, you have switched the plugin

5. Use this filter for the purpose – “wcfm_allowed_order_status”

Thank You

maarouf79
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Bingal
      Keymaster

Fantastic 🙂

Really thanks for your kind cooperation and support.

Team WC Lovers

maarouf79
      Participant

Sorry my bad,
      I use a Plugin called WooCommerce Product SKU Generator. This Plugin create automatly sku Numbers for every new created Product. I wanted that to work on WCFM and disable Vendors to change the created sku in Frontend or in Quick Edit. That’s why i needed a code.
      But it looks like the Plugin not works with WCFM. I’m not sure, but i think it was working before the last WCFM update.

Bingal
      Keymaster

OK, so you want to generate SKU automatically.

Just relax, we will add support of this in WCFM next update.

Thank You and please keep a bit patience.

maarouf79
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Bingal
      Keymaster

Hi,

Really thanks for valuable suggestions. Let me clarify few of them for you –

1. add automatic sku number (disable change sku no for vendor) – will add third party support for this in next WCFM update.

2. disable some custom order status for vendor (example: vendor can only change order status from pending to complete or shipped ) – I have already shared you filter for this, it’s possible to achieve easily

3. ORDER NOTES, show order status changes by name (example: vendor max market id #xxxxx as from pending to shipped) – Yeah, will add that in next update as well

4. minimum maximum qty function – Are you using any plugin for the purpose as well? WCfM already has a support for such a plugin

5. disable short description for vendor or set short description text to only 50 letters
      (reason: vendor can create a big short discription and add video and images and break the product page) – It’s possible to short description in a same way as I did for SKU

6. For me, i love that Knowledgebase. But i’m not able to put some html text inside. Disable html editor for vendor yes
      but not for me administrator. – Capability is not for Admin, how this can disabled in your case? I will test this and know you.

7. Nice woul’d be if i can select which vendor are able to puplish and change article. (Enable vendor maxshop to create an article) – Not getting this clearly, you can add restriction over Article publish capability, if you want to do the same for vendor wise then WCFM – groups and Staffs required.

8. WooCommerce Pre-Orders is a famous plugin for Woocommerce. I miss the intergration in WCFM. – WCFM manual order system is not there, when we will bring this Pre-orders also be supported.

9. My biggest dream is to see a function to disable vendor adding products in main category. – Ummm .. possible to achieve using JavaScript

10. disable #wpadminbar (on the top) for vendors – Use Hide Admin Bar for the purpose. WCFM Membership create vendors with by default disabling this.

Thank You

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Disable Vendor adding sku’ is closed to new replies.