Do I need to use Stripe split pay if 100% is going to vendor…?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Do I need to use Stripe split pay if 100% is going to vendor…?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      pdishman
      Participant

Trying to set up connected accounts and it occurred to me that I may not need to use split pay if I’m paying 100% to my vendors and setting up as “Direct Charges” on Stripe. Is that correct?

Also since I’m not taking a commission, would I select platform payments or card payments when setting up Stripe connected accounts. I need to know if WCFM needs my settings to be a certain way, or if it is completely up to us depending on the way we operate our marketplace,

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah please, otherwise total amount will be created in Admin account then you have to transfer 100% commission into vendor’s account.

Thank You

pdishman
      Participant

Thats where I’m confused, because if I use “direct charges” stripe, as I understand it, places funds in the connected vendors account…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Right, still go though this to understand Stripe different charges – https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges

Thank You

pdishman
      Participant

So in my dashboard under the withdrawal tab, should i have both stripe and stripe split pay checked or just stripe split pay – currently I have the both checked, but I’m wondering if that is incorrect? Also should I select platform payments or card payments on Stripe set up side, if I’m using direct charges…?

One of the things I’m confused about is when the vendor connects to stripe from my dashboard are they then the ones accepting payment or is my platform (WCFM) accepting payment? Not understanding this makes it hard for me to know how to set this up on Stripe Side.
      Thank you!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

So in my dashboard under the withdrawal tab, should i have both stripe and stripe split pay checked or just stripe split pay – currently I have the both checked, but I’m wondering if that is incorrect? Also should I select platform payments or card payments on Stripe set up side, if I’m using direct charges…?

– Well, if you have enabled Stripe Split Pay then Strip is no more required, you may disable this.

One of the things I’m confused about is when the vendor connects to stripe from my dashboard are they then the ones accepting payment or is my platform (WCFM) accepting payment? Not understanding this makes it hard for me to know how to set this up on Stripe Side.

– Please go thought this for Stripe setting – https://docs.wclovers.com/vendor-payment/

Thank you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Do I need to use Stripe split pay if 100% is going to vendor…?’ is closed to new replies.