Downloadable Cloud Files

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      vanilladev89
      Participant

Hello

I have a suggestion for a quality of life change. When creating a simple downloadable product, vendors are able to input an external/cloud downloadable link in the file field. Currently, this is the same field as uploads and that can be very confusing for users. It would be helpful if you made these separate fields or some kind of hint to vendors that they can use an external/cloud link in that field.

Thanks for your time

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, for this we have followed the same as WooCommerce does – https://ibb.co/L0W7Hjz

Either user may upload a file or insert a file url.

Thank You

vanilladev89
      Participant

Okay, I see your image but not sure I understand why you chose that image. I am using the multi-vendor plugin and the image you provided is the back end for a woocommerce product being created in the back end.

On my website, when adding a new product in WCFM, there is only one field and when you input a link, the field moves to another location. Otherwise it simply states File with a field and upload button and this is not clear to anyone that doesn’t just know that they can use cloud links.

Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vanilladev89
      Participant

Hello

Bumping this post as it has been almost 2 weeks since last response.

Thank you

vanilladev89
      Participant

I found that this issue is worse in Variable Products. There is no space to enter the URL to apply the Cloud URL to the different variations. In the attached image, I added the google drive URL to the file area and clicked submit but the URL didn’t save. When you click upload it only pulls from media but these products should allow for URL direct download.

Additionally, this can be accomplished from back end in variable product. Just not in WCFM.

Thank You

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We will add file url input option for “variable-downloadable” product in WCFM Ultimate next update.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.