Edit wcfm-view-products-manage-tabs.php

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WC Marketplace Edit wcfm-view-products-manage-tabs.php

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ashley.younguk
      Participant

Hello

I am trying to edit the template file wcfmu-view-products.php, I’m trying to edit the attributes section of that file by adding a class and changing the title or various sections however my changes are not showing. I then found that the same options are in the file wcfm-view-products-manage-tabs.php which is a file I cannot edit as it will be overwritten when I update the plugin.

Can you help?

ashley.younguk
      Participant

Actually if I edit wcfm-view-products.php not wcfmu-view-products.php my edits are shown. How would I edit that file?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Sorry for the delay in response.
      Normally, it is not needed to override a file. The first approach should be, using the hooks and filters to change a certain behavior. Having said that, there might be situations where template override is required.
      Please provide me details about your requirement and I’ll be happy to help you out. Also, a snapshot, marking your requirements would be very helpful.
      Thanks

ashley.younguk
      Participant

Hi
      I actually got it wrong – the file I need to edit is ‘class-wcfm-frontend.php’ which is located in wc-frontend-manager/core. Line 860 – 868. I would like to add my class to the labels and change the label title to a span.

For example this is the edit I would like to do:

"is_visible" => array('label' => __('Visible on product page<span>Would you like this attribute display on your products page for your customers to see?</span>', 'wc-frontend-manager'), 'type' => 'checkbox', 'value' => 'enable', 'class' => 'wcfm-checkbox wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking', 'label_class' => 'wcfm_title wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking checkbox_title krafters-other-heading'),

As you can see I added a span within the tile and a class to the label class.

This section of code displays the admin generated attributes on the ‘Add Product’ form therefore I cannot edit the template file as this only edits the section where vendors can create their own attributes.

Thank you,

ashley.younguk
      Participant

I’ve made the edits to that section of code, is there a way to put it into a function?

// Attribute wise level
      					if( !apply_filters( 'wcfm_is_allow_add_attribute_term_'.$att_taxonomy, true, $att_taxonomy ) ) {
      						$allow_add_term = '';
      					}
      					$attrlimit = apply_filters( 'wcfm_attribute_limit_'.$att_taxonomy, $attrlimit, $att_taxonomy );

$attributes = apply_filters( 'wcfm_product_custom_attributes_data', apply_filters( 'wcfm_product_custom_attribute_date_'.$att_taxonomy, $attributes, $att_taxonomy ) );
      					$WCFM->wcfm_fields->wcfm_generate_form_field( apply_filters( 'wcfm_product_custom_attributes', apply_filters( 'wcfm_product_custom_attribute_'.$att_taxonomy, array(
      																																																	"select_attributes_".$att_taxonomy => array( 'type' => 'multiinput', 'class' => 'wcfm-text wcfm_select_attributes wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking', 'label_class' => 'wcfm_title krafters-att-main', 'value' => $attributes, 'options' => array(
      																																																			"term_name" => array('type' => 'hidden'),
      																																																			"is_active" => array('label' => __('Enable this attribute?', 'wc-frontend-manager'), 'type' => 'checkbox', 'value' => 'enable', 'attributes' => array( 'title' => __( 'Check to associate this attribute with the product', 'wc-frontend-manager' ) ), 'class' => 'wcfm-checkbox wcfm_ele attribute_ele simple variable external grouped booking', 'label_class' => 'krafters-att-active wcfm_title wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking checkbox_title'),
      																																																			"name" => array('label' => __('Name', 'wc-frontend-manager'), 'type' => 'text', 'attributes' => array( 'readonly' => true ), 'class' => 'variation_ele_hide', 'label_class' => 'krafters-att-heading variation_ele_hide'),
      																																																			"value" => array('label' => wc_attribute_label( $att_taxonomy ), 'type' => 'select', 'custom_attributes' => array( 'attrlimit' => $attrlimit ), 'attributes' => array( 'multiple' => 'multiple', 'style' => 'width: 60%;' ), 'class' => 'wcfm-select wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking ' . $allow_add_term, 'label_class' => 'wcfm_title wcfm_ele attribute_ele simple variable external grouped booking'),
      																																																			"is_visible" => array('label' => __('Visible on the product page <span>Do you want your customers to see this attribute<br>in the item information on the product page</span>', 'wc-frontend-manager'), 'type' => 'checkbox', 'value' => 'enable', 'class' => 'wcfm-checkbox wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking ', 'label_class' => 'wcfm_title wcfm_ele simple variable external grouped booking checkbox_title krafters-other-heading'),
      																																																			"is_variation" => array('label' => __('Use as Variation <span>Enabling this option allows you to define different<br>pricing and stock options for this attribute.</span>', 'wc-frontend-manager'), 'type' => 'checkbox', 'value' => 'enable', 'class' => 'wcfm-checkbox wcfm_ele variable variable-subscription', 'label_class' => 'wcfm_title checkbox_title wcfm_ele variable variable-subscription krafters-other-heading'),
      																																																			"tax_name" => array('type' => 'hidden'),
      																																																			"is_taxonomy" => array('type' => 'hidden')
      																																																	))
      																																												), 'select_attributes_'.$att_taxonomy, $att_taxonomy, $attributes ), 'select_attributes_'.$att_taxonomy, $att_taxonomy, $attributes ) );
      				}

The only other change I would like to make is to style the attribute name, this bit:

<p class="select_attributes_pa_colour_value_0 wcfm_title wcfm_ele attribute_ele simple variable external grouped booking"><strong>Colour</strong></p>

But generically without having to do each attribute

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Please never edit any core files. Never ever! You will end up loosing all the changes when you update the plugin. Also it’s a bad practice.
      As I told you earlier “The right way” is to use appropriate hooks and filters. Please use the following snippet for your purpose-

add_filter( 'product_simple_fields_attributes', function($attribute_fields) {
          if ( isset( $attribute_fields['attributes']['options']['is_visible'] ) ) {
              $attribute_fields['attributes']['options']['is_visible']['label'] = 'Visible on the product page <span>Would you like this attribute display on your products page for your customers to see?</span>';
              $attribute_fields['attributes']['options']['is_visible']['label_class'] = $attribute_fields['attributes']['options']['is_visible']['label_class'] . ' krafters-other-heading';
          }
          return $attribute_fields;
      } );

add_filter( 'wcfm_product_custom_attributes', function($attribute_fields) {
          foreach ( $attribute_fields as $attr_taxonomy => $data ) {
              if ( isset( $data['options']['is_visible'] ) ) {
                  $attribute_fields[$attr_taxonomy]['options']['is_visible']['label'] = 'Visible on the product page <span>Would you like this attribute display on your products page for your customers to see?</span>';
                  $attribute_fields[$attr_taxonomy]['options']['is_visible']['label_class'] = $data['options']['is_visible']['label_class'] . ' krafters-other-heading';
              }
          }
          return $attribute_fields;
      } );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/
      Thanks!

ashley.younguk
      Participant

Amazing – fyi I didn’t actually update the core, I only made the changes so you could see what I needed. I never edit core files! 🙂

ashley.younguk
      Participant

So the last bit was styling this

<p class="select_attributes_pa_colour_value_0 wcfm_title wcfm_ele attribute_ele simple variable external grouped booking"><strong>Colour</strong></p>

I want to target all without have to use .select_attributes_pa_colour_value_0

Thank you

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The code snippet I provided already append a class “krafters-other-heading” with each attribute field label. So you can use that class to select these headings.
      Thanks!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.