Error when adding new (non-downloadable) product. "File: This field is required.

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Marketplace (WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace) Error when adding new (non-downloadable) product. "File: This field is required.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bolon_campana
      Participant

When we try to add a product, we are getting these errors (equivalent to this and this).

File: This field is required
      Name: This field is required

This error happens since we unsetted the capability to create downloadable products. We tried these two methods:

1) Directly unsetting the capability:

//Disabling virtual and downloadable from the product settings
      add_filter( 'wcfm_product_manage_fields_general', function($general_fields){
      	unset( $general_fields['is_virtual'] );
      	unset( $general_fields['is_downloadable'] );
      	return $general_fields;
      } ,501);

2) Changing capability option rules array so wcfmcap_is_allow_fields_general() unsets the field by itself:

//Disabling virtual and downloadable from the product settings
      add_filter( 'wcfm_capability_options_rules', function($wcfm_capability_options ){
      	$wcfm_capability_options['downloadable'] = 'yes';
      	return $wcfm_capability_options;
      } ,11);

I tend to think this may be in fact a bug on your plugin, but I can’t be sure before asking.

bolon_campana
      Participant

Right now the only solution I could find was hiding those options through CSS, but still that allows that someone tech savvy enough can upload files to the server without our consent with no too much difficulty.

vanilladev89
      Participant

Hello

Would putting a low or no data limit fix help?

cheers

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Thank you for contacting and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused. If I have understood correctly, you want to remove capability to add virtual or downloadable products. There is a settings to do so without any code customization. From your admin account go to WCFM Frontend dashboad >> Capability, under “Types” disable both Virtual and Downloadable option.
      Let me know how this goes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.