Event Ticket Sales

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Vitor

I would like to request the feature to sell events tickets like The Events Calendar, Fooevents, Tickera, Picatic and Attendize.

I am developing a listing website to sell tickets and also products. But the main revenue will be tickets for events, courses, workshops, etc. I am planning to apply 10% commission to receive from the advertisers that will use my platform.

Would be great if I could use one tool that allows me to offer both features.

Thanks!

vitor.faro
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, WCFM Ultimate already compatible with FooEvents and WC Box office plugins.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Can you provide some guidance on the FeeEvents admin settings?

Are we to complete all of these settings from the Admin panel for the integration to work properly?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Vjean
      Participant

I’ve used WCFM with fooevents and it works really well.

There are 3 services that I’m waiting for to reuse it.

1. A ticket section on the menu to add, delete and manage tickets.

2. Product scheduling as right now once an event is created there is no start time or end time for the sale of tickets. Especially for early bird tickets.

3. A print ticket option for individual tickets. So once a ticket is created it should be possible to print that ticket without first having to download a pdf

Craig
      Participant

Great suggestions! Do you think these are functions that need to be programmed by FooEvents developers? or WC lovers?

Regarding your #2 do you think scheduling a dated “sale” could work for the early bird functionality?
      So for the next 2 weeks the tickets would be 20% off then once that 2 week date arrives the sale would be removed.

Could you also use a coupon code (with set expiry date) for that functionality as well (but you need a way to get that code to the customer of course).

Vjean
      Participant

I think 1&2 would definitely fall on the shoulders of WC Lovers.

There is already a “Tickets” menu option in the back end once fooevents is installed. Just a matter of having that brought to the front end for vendors.

I have suggested scheduled products to fooevents but I think it would make WCFM even better having such functionality. For example organizers who use my website sometimes place their entire calendar of events on there. However they need tickets to have tickets sold between particular dates and not available after the event has passed. This can also work for regular merchants who have limited time products.

The print option I believe is more something for FooEvents. However figured I’d challenge my friends at WC Lovers. It would help for people like me who have sales outlets where persons are used to having physical tickets

Craig
      Participant

Ahhh yes. I vote for your number 1 suggestion as well. I have asked for this in a different post.

“1. A ticket section on the menu to add, delete and manage tickets.”

Where do you display your calendar of events?
      Does each vendor have their own or is your calendar include all events on your marketplace?

Vernon Jean

I didn’t display the calendar as I just used it for testing a few events. I may have to double check but I think it would be my calendar showing all events on my market place.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

2. Product scheduling as right now once an event is created there is no start time or end time for the sale of tickets. Especially for early bird tickets.

– Well, WCFM already have these options – https://ibb.co/ZHZxgV2
      Are you talking about something else, then please show me screenshot for that.

Between, in next update we will going to add “Ticket” option under WCFM dashboard.

Where do you display your calendar of events?
      Does each vendor have their own or is your calendar include all events on your marketplace?

– This calendar for represent events in site frontend, you may display this anywhere.
      Check this demo – https://demo.fooevents.com/calendar/

Thank You

Vernon Jean

What I’m referring to as far as a scheduler is something like

https://wisdmlabs.com/scheduler-for-woocommerce/

Is what we would like. It gives persons the ability to set expiry times for products and product variations.

Craig
      Participant

Vernon Jean – when a ticket is purchased do they get the emailed PDF version of the ticket? This is not working on my site. But maybe it is a conflict with my theme. Can you confirm that this works on your site?

Thanks

Vjean
      Participant

Yes it does work on my site. They get both a ticket in the body of the email and a PDF version

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for that feedback Vernon Jean.

As the tickets are only sent out when an order status is set to “complete” Do you have your purchase set to “auto-complete” when payment is made?

The issue on my marketplace that that we offer many different types of vendors so the “auto-completing” every order is not practical. But for virtual ones such as tickets it would be.

This is what FooEvents support have just provided as a possible workaround for me. I’m curious what you do.

—————————————————–
      —————————————————–

I’m afraid FooEvents needs the order status to be set to “Completed” before any tickets will be generated or emailed.

What you can perhaps consider doing is setting orders that contain “Virtual” products only, to complete automatically. You can then set all your FooEvents “events” to “Virtual” and “Downloadable”. An example of a plugin that does this is Autocomplete WooCommerce Orders.
      https://wordpress.org/plugins/autocomplete-woocommerce-orders/

Here is some more information about custom code that you can perhaps adapt to suit your needs, or you can consider using the Wooommerce Order Status Control extension. https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-order-status-control/

Please note that these are just suggestions and we haven’t tested them specifically.

​Let us know if you have any other questions.

Vernon Jean

Hi Craig,

Yes they are set to Auto complete on my site. Have you tried the the solutions proposed by FooEvents?

Craig
      Participant

Hi Vernon – No I have not implemented those solutions yet but have added them to my developer’s list so hopefully soon!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket Sales’ is closed to new replies.