extending WCFM_Custom_Field_Support class

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM extending WCFM_Custom_Field_Support class

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ian-guy
      Participant

Hi,

I am currently working on single page layout and have looked at available files and come up with what I think would work for me. I would like to extend the WCFM_Custom_Field_Support class by adding a single function which would use the get_template() function currently available.

I have 2 questions. is it possible to extend the existing WCFM_Custom_Field_Support class with a simple code snipet or should i write a plugin that depends on wcfm. And second I have a php file which would be loaded by the get_template() where would be the best place to put it so that it survives updates. I see in the files that it loads from child theme first but Im not sure where would be best to put it and how i would point to it in my code. im currently using
      $WCFM->template->get_template( ‘wcfm-agrilinks-customfield-products.php’ ); but no joy at this time, the file currently is in …/themes/themename/page-templates and in …./themes/themename/wcfm/products-manager/wcfm-agrilinks-customfield-products.php

thank you for this wonderful product.

ian-guy
      Participant

I copied the custom template into …./themes/themename/ and found it to work for my purpose.

ian-guy
      Participant

I would greatly appreciate feedback on extending the WCFM_Custom_Field_Support and keeping it persistent after updates.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

is it possible to extend the existing WCFM_Custom_Field_Support class with a simple code snipet or should i write a plugin that depends on wcfm.

– NO, you have to write your code using WCFM hooks and filters.

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.