External links to outside vendors

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dewaalman
      Participant

I am creating a site where products link to external vendors’ sites so that they will process sales and take care of delivery and send me a referral commission. I’m assuming that I’ll have to set up an agreement with each vendor, but I don’t know what my options are.

I would like to know how WCFM tracks external links and whether I need to add some kind of string to the URL (Using ThirstyAffiliates?), or Analytics code, or code to product pages or make use of cookies, in order to show to the affiliate vendor when sales have originated from my site. How does one track the user’s behavior from my site up to the point where they make a purchase on the vendor’s site in order to prove where the sale originated?

I’ve looked at the WCFM – Affiliate addon but I don’t understand how to integrate outside sites’ data with mine.

Please let me know how I should go about this.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, there has a product type “External/Affiliate”, so vendor may create such product and use their own site link.

But, you will not able to track whether user click on those links and most importantly is that user really make purchase or not!

The only way to handle this, you have to be “affiliate” for that vendor’s own site and vendor has to add your affiliated url in their products.
      Hence you will get affiliate commission from that vendor.

Thank You

dewaalman
      Participant

Ok, thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘External links to outside vendors’ is closed to new replies.