Followers

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

What does the follower option does? I have enable the option but not really sure what it does. I even try to follow a vendor but nothing happens

Is the user who follows a specific vendor? The user has to register in the website in order to follow a vendor? what are teh benefits for the user to follow a store, does the user recieve email notifications when a vendor publish a new product or puts a product on discount?

I hev tried to look in the documentation but no luck.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

Basically this is hoe it works-

Any registered users follows any vendors and all this user can check all the list of vendors they are following in the “following” tab. Similarly the vendors can see the list of followers in “Followers” tab in vendor Dashboard.

Thanks.

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

So it only shows who the user is following. The user dont get any email notification is the vendor his following publish a new product right?

Hii,

If an user follow a vendor then whenever a new product will publish to that vendor’s store followers will be notified.

Thanks.

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

How does the user is notified when the vendor publish a new product? I am following a vendor and the he published a new product but i didnt get notified 🙁

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Any help? 🙂

Hi,

Customer will be notified by mail.
      You can check the customer was receiving the mail or not using “WP Mail Logging by MailPoet” plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/)

Thanks.

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

I have installed the plugin but the email notification is not being sent to the customer.

Thanks for help!

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

some help 🙂

r_guayaquil
      Participant

hi,

please some help!

soumanta
      Keymaster

We have tested the latest version(6.4.7) of the plugin & the “following” email for new product working just fine. Do you have any customization on your site? If the problem still exists, we may need access to your website to debug the issue. Don’t forget to set your reply as private.

r_guayaquil
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
        soumanta
        Keymaster

We have tested the problem in your site & created two demo users ( “test.vendor” , “test.user” ).

Then we follow the new store for “test.vendor” using two accounts – “test.user” (wclovers.soumanta+5@gmail.com) & “RGuayaquilF22” (r_guayaquil@hotmail.com).

Now we create a new product from Frontend (https://www.todomerca.ec/mitienda/products-manage/).

“New product” emails are sent to the followers (wclovers.soumanta+5@gmail.com, r_guayaquil@hotmail.com) successfully.

We have also checked email log using “WP Mail Logging by MailPoet” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/).(see screenshot e390810c-f69e-47cf-85f3-2bd68b4811y9.png)
        You can confirm the same by checking mail at r_guayaquil@hotmail.com for “New product” email.(see screenshot 3de91824-dfd4-4cef-b590-809c42539eb7.png)

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Also, for some reason the custom fields i created are showing in the “about us” tab in the vendor store. See image attached.

Thanks for the help

Attachments:
      r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

The problem was because the vendor needed approval from the admin to publish a product. IF the vendor needs an approval then the user doesnt get the email notification, but if he doesnt need approval and publish his products then the user gets the notificacion. What can i do so the user gets the notification even if the vendor needs an approval from admin?

And about the code snippet, you guys helped me with that code to show the custom fields under the price in the quick view and in the product detail page. I can remove it. I need it to look like that.

Thanks a lot for the help!

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Help please!

soumanta
      Keymaster

And about the code snippet, you guys helped me with that code to show the custom fields under the price in the quick view and in the product detail page. I can remove it. I need it to look like that.

Please replace the code snippet (https://www.todomerca.ec/wp-admin/admin.php?page=edit-snippet&id=27) with the code provided below & see if it works for you.

add_filter( 'woocommerce_short_description', 'cus_woocommerce_short_description' );
      function cus_woocommerce_short_description( $description ) {
      	global $WCFM, $product, $post;
      	$product_id = 0;
      	$wcfm_custom_fields_values = '';
      	if ( is_object( $product ) && !is_product() && !get_query_var('about') ) { 
      		$product_id = $product->get_id();
      		$wcfm_product_custom_fields = get_option( 'wcfm_product_custom_fields', array() );
      		$wcfm_custom_fields_obj = new WCFMu_Custom_Field_Support();
      		if( $wcfm_product_custom_fields && is_array( $wcfm_product_custom_fields ) && !empty( $wcfm_product_custom_fields ) ) {
      			foreach( $wcfm_product_custom_fields as $wpcf_index => $wcfm_product_custom_field ) {
      				if( !isset( $wcfm_product_custom_field['enable'] ) ) continue;
      				$display_data = $wcfm_custom_fields_obj->get_wcfm_custom_field_display_data( $product_id, $wcfm_product_custom_field );
      				$wcfm_custom_fields_values .= $display_data;
      			}
      		}
      	}
      	return $wcfm_custom_fields_values . $description;
      }
      soumanta
      Keymaster

The problem was because the vendor needed approval from the admin to publish a product. IF the vendor needs an approval then the user doesnt get the email notification, but if he doesnt need approval and publish his products then the user gets the notificacion. What can i do so the user gets the notification even if the vendor needs an approval from admin?

This is the case when vendor doesn’t need an approval of admin.

Step 1: Vendor adds a new product
      Step 2: New product goes to “publish” status & email sent to the vendor followers.

In your case, when vendor needs an approval of admin (Correct me if I am wrong)

Step 1: Vendor adds a new product
      Step 2: New product goes to “pending” status & waits for the approval of admin.
      Step 3: Admin approves & publishes the vendor’s new product.

When do you want to send the email to the followers of the vendor? (After “Step 2” or in “Step 3”?)

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

The new code snippet works perfectly. Thank you so much!

I would be great if the user gets the email notification in step 3, when the admin approves and publish the vendors new product. Will the method also works if the admin upload vendors product with csv file?

Thank you!

soumanta
        Keymaster

I would be great if the user gets the email notification in step 3, when the admin approves and publish the vendors new product. Will the method also works if the admin upload vendors product with csv file?

The above functionality is not provided by our core plugin.

add_action( 'wcfm_after_product_approve', 'wcfmu_vendors_followers_notify_after_product_approve' );

function wcfmu_vendors_followers_notify_after_product_approve( $product_id ) {
        	global $WCFM, $WCFMu;

$vendor_id = $WCFM->wcfm_vendor_support->wcfm_get_vendor_id_from_product( $product_id );

if( $vendor_id ) {
        		if( apply_filters( 'wcfm_is_allow_followers_new_product_notification', true ) ) {
        			$WCFMu->wcfmu_vendor_followers->wcfmu_vendors_followers_notify_on_new_product( $product_id, $vendor_id );
        		}
        	}
        }

This piece of code is only for your specific requirement & not a part of the core plugin. Please add this code as a snippet in your site & see if it works for you.(This piece of code will not work for “admin upload vendors product with csv file”)

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the code. It works perfectly.

Where can i change the text of the emails i attach? I am using loco translate but i cant find the text to translate.

Thanks for the help

Attachments:
        soumanta
        Keymaster

Try to translate by finding each texts like “New Product”, “Hi”, “A new product submitted by “, “Check the product %s{product_title}%s.”, “Thank You”, “New Follower”, “Congrats! Recently you got a new follower.” etc.

Thank you.

musikapublishing
      Participant

Hi, I’d like to add that snippet too so people get notified after a product is approved by an admin. Where do I add it please?

musikapublishing
      Participant

Also can you please clarify where I can change the wording of the emails to followers. Thank you

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.