Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace › Forums › WC Marketplace › From directory + Ecommerce to marketplace: themes + plugins recommendation
Tagged: Local shops marketplace
- May 5, 2020 at 4:49 pm #126982leab09Participant
What would you do if you were me?
We need your input to decide on best tools to use. We are not developers. We are building a local shop marketplace. In the first step, we need a Directory of local shops where:
1. Shops fill in a contact form to register as a seller
2. We as admin create their listing (we do not want them to publish their product and list their shop FOR NOW) We need control over each listing and shop page/ products.
3. Under EACH listing, the shop will have 2 tabs at least: ABOUT and PRODUCTS
2. PRODUCTS tab will show the shop’s products and they must be buyable (we will use woocommerce here)
From the user side:
1. Buyer can SEARCH by SHOP: NAME or CATEGORY (so they need to specify this in their registration – I know we can do this with WCFM marketplace) – no need to search by products name for now
2. Buyer can search by SHOP DELIVERY ZONE
3. Buyer can ADD PRODUCTS to BASKET from the Shop > Products Tab
In the LONG RUN, we will need:
1. the site in 3 languages
2. Sellers to register and add their products, see their metrics etc…everything typical from a marketplace
Based on this information, we have been looking at different themes + plugins:
> Listify + + WCFM marketplace + Woocommerce ?
> Vendify + + WCFM marketplace + Woocommerce ?
> Cityo + WCFM marketplace + Woocommerce ?
We have been using STOREFRONT Theme for now which is obviously not adequate for us with WCFM marketplace + Woocommerce.
Has anyone built something similar and got any tips for us? How can we keep using WCFM and woocommerce + a theme? Which theme is the most compatible for what we need?
Thank you very much!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.