Google Sync

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

getting this error in Woocommerce logs

06-04-2019 @ 13:18:19 – Error while making Google Calendar request for https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars//events: array (
      ‘code’ => 404,
      ‘message’ => ‘Not Found’,
      )
      06-04-2019 @ 13:18:19 – Synced appointment #55012 with Google Calendar:
      06-04-2019 @ 13:18:19 – Error while making Google Calendar request for https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars//events: array (
      ‘code’ => 404,
      ‘message’ => ‘Not Found’,
      )
      06-04-2019 @ 13:18:19 – Synced appointment #55012 with Google Calendar:
      06-04-2019 @ 13:18:58 – Synced appointment #55012 with Google Calendar: s******d@gmail.com

when purchasing appointment based products

the appointment is created in the appointments calendar and also in google calendar and there are no CSS issues at all

however, the sync only appears 1-way store to google

no calendar entries already in the google calendar are synced into the site’s calendar

sync preference is set to “Two way – between Store and Google” in both the vendor’s store manager and also woocommerce – settings appointments

The site is running WooCommerce Appointments Version 4.5.2

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

the appointment is created in the appointments calendar and also in google calendar and there are no CSS issues at all

however, the sync only appears 1-way store to google

no calendar entries already in the google calendar are synced into the site’s calendar

– These two lines are conflicting, I am getting this clearly.

Is this creating Appointment at Google calendar or not!

Vendor calendar and site admin calendar?

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

The appointment is created in the WC appointments calendar and this is synced into google calendar no other issues are visible on the system with the calendar layouts etc

But

Any calendar entry in the google calendar are not getting imported into the WC appointments calendar in the site

For example

If I create a calendar entry in my google calendar for a meeting for example this is not getting synced into the WC appointments calendar

I’m guessing that’s what the error means

so two way syncing does not appear to work

Hope this make sense

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

if I make an appointment in google calendar, this appointment is not imported into the WC appointments calendar

but

when I make an appointment with WC appointments these are being synced to google

it appears that the syncing does not import appointments from Google even though two way syncing is setup

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

if I make an appointment in google calendar, this appointment is not imported into the WC appointments calendar

– Does WC Appointments support this, kindly confirm once from that plugin’s support.

Thank You

me
        Participant

Any updates on this?
        Please don’t ignore this, it’s a major issue and it could easily be fixed.
        I can see in the logs that syncing actually works fine, but WCFM ignores the created availability rules if it’s a single vendor with no staff.
        If you say we need to buy the groups & staff addon for this to work, that’s fine with me, I’m happy to buy it, but 2-way-sync has to work for single vendors as well.

WCFM Forum
          Keymaster

Hi,

I can see in the logs that syncing actually works fine, but WCFM ignores the created availability rules if it’s a single vendor with no staff.

– WC Appointment does not support availability for vendor user role. Staff is essential for the purpose.

You may add “Staff” role to vendor users for the purpose.

Thank You

me
            Participant

Thanks! I managed to solve it after adding the staff role to vendors.
            You were right, this is an issue with the WC Appointments plugin.
            Thanks again for your help.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

This is taken from the plugins homepage

2-way Google Calendar sync
      Synchronization works both ways. Events from your Google calendar will be automatically synced with your site and vice-versa. Staff can also sync 2-ways to their own Google calendar with their appointments only.

I have also asked the question in there support forums

Steve

me
      Participant

I have the same issue. Checked with plugin support, it seems to only come up when using it with WCFM.
      Plugin supports 2 way sync, but it only works as 1 way sync with WCFM.
      Plugin developers claim it would work if vendors had staff user roles as well.
      Which would make a lot of sense anyway, since a staffless vendor is a one-man staff.
      Opening a separate thread.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

yes they told me that this morning also, but as far as I can see, you cant be a shop vendor and a staff member at the same time
      this will make two-way sync useless for stores that don’t have staff or indeed need to enter them, which I’m guessing would be a very large proportion of sellers

I have asked the plugin devs if they can come up with a solution to this, fingers crossed they can, as otherwise, the plugin (WC appointments) is no use at all

I wish they had documented that somewhere before I purchased, as I would have looked for a different solution if I had known

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

have you been able to look into the two-way sync issue

it appears the problem is as June suggests Plugin developers claim it would work if vendors had staff user roles as well

as it stands this plugin is not usable for us as 99% of our vendors do not have staff, and as such calendar sync (two -ways) will not work

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

I have had a reply back from the WC Appointment devs

They have said that I need to ask if you will resolve this issue,

I feel stuck in the middle now to be honest, currently the appointment system two way sync only works for staff members, for vendors one way only works. The problem is that there Are hundreds of thousands of small businesses here in the UK That do not employ anyone so for them this plugin is useless.

I know that this is not your responsibility but Is there anything you can do.

If not

Do you know of a booking / Appointment plugin that will work for both shop vendors and staff members

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi me

Thanks! I managed to solve it after adding the staff role to vendors.
      You were right, this is an issue with the WC Appointments plugin.
      Thanks again for your help

How did you add the staff role to vendors

Steve

me
        Participant

So far only manually for testing, but it should be easy to do in php too.
        Haven’t tested it yet, but for a specific user, it should be something like this:

$theUser = new WP_User($user_id);
        $theUser->add_role( 'shop_staff' );

I’ll report back once I’m done implementing it.
        However, this is not all there is to it. Once vendors have staff role, they still need to add themselves as staff to every single appointable product they want to create. This is super frustrating and makes no sense, so I will contact WC Appointments plugin support and ask them to automate this for use cases with only a single staff member, or provide guidance for implementing automation on my own.

The good news is that two-way-sync works perfectly once these hurdles are dealt with. I’ve been testing it for a while and it seems pretty robust and reliable.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi me

Thanks for the heads up on how you’ve done this, it’s way out of my skill set to be honest, hopefully the devs can automate this,
      As this is unusable for vendors with no staff

Steve

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.