Hide archived products in vendor store

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi,

my vendors have to use archive as I have deactivated “delete” functionality. Vendors are very confused that archived products are still visible in their vendor store thoug ( even if it is just them that see the product).

Is it possible to hide archived products in vendor store?

Thanks
      Domininique

badianafaa
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Aipoke
      Participant

This would also interest me. Please share

Craig
      Participant

This would be an interesting feature but would require the vendor the ability to toggle the visibility on or off of the archived listings.

If you simply just hide the archived listings then then why not delete them for the start? Or are you wanting to keep them in the “system” for historical reporting purposes?

CommunityCorals
      Participant

If you simply just hide the archived listings then then why not delete them for the start? Or are you wanting to keep them in the “system” for historical reporting purposes?

Hi, I would like to keep the page of the product to keep it listed in google and not create 404 error which google doesn´t like.

BR
      Dominique

Jamie O’Reilly
      Participant

Hi Dominique

Just wondered if you made any progress with this query? We are looking for a solution to this too. We would like archived products to be visible when someone clicks on the url – so not a broken link and good for SEO. However, we do not want the archived products to continue to be listed in the front-end of the vendor’s store or in category or other product listings. It should only be visible in the front end as a single product page and of course through the back end like all other products.

Thanks

Jamie

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi, so far I haven´t received any reply.

As it currently is an archived product is not visible to the customer on fromtend. Just as single product page from search engines. This is a good thing.

The archived products are visible in vendor store for the vendor though. This leads to several confusion for the vendor why the products are still available and so on.

BR
      DOminique

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.