How do we charge tax on our memberships?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership How do we charge tax on our memberships?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

How do we charge tax on our memberships?

When using the “integrate pay options” for our memberships where do we set the option to add taxes to the price?

See attached screenshot

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, membership cost is Tax inclusive.

It will be best, if you mention this in memebership description or in this page!

Thank you

Craig
      Participant

ok thanks for that advice. I will do that for our plans.

If I log this in the “feature request” do you think it is possible to add the functionality to have a charge tax option? In Canada a business can write off the tax that they are charged but if the invoice does not detail that separately they have no way of knowing.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, we are going to add “membership Invoice” option very soon and also allow to show Tax in this.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Ok thanks. This will require the ability to identify that tax portion in the membership settings.

The “workaround” we are doing now as adding the tax and base cost into one lump sum.

For example our $24.00 + 5% GST plan is listed as a single payment of $25.20 so the invoice would still only reflect $25.20 unless we can identify the two entities elsewhere in the membership set up.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Don’t worry, we will add Tax option in coming Membership update.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Hi there,

I wanted to check in on this. Did the charge tax on memberships get implemented?

I have completed all the updates and I don;t think I see where I edit this tax setting.

Thanks
      Craig

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Yes, this feature was added in 2.5.0, you may define Tax from membership setting section – https://ibb.co/VW3JD8d

Thank You

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How do we charge tax on our memberships?’ is closed to new replies.