How to allow Vendor to register & setup store, but Admin must approve 'go live'?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Marketplace (WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace) How to allow Vendor to register & setup store, but Admin must approve 'go live'?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      CAM
      Participant

I would like the following setup for Vendor registration(I have Ultimate + Groups add-on);

* Vendor can register
      * * is it possible to move the verification code? See image – bad ux.
      * Vendor sees setup wizard.
      * Vendor can add products etc.
      * Admin must approve seller to ‘go live’ (ie. make store/products available for sale).

What do I need to do to achieve this? I can only see global ‘Product Approval’ (Settings > Marketplace Settings) or option to ‘Required Approval’ which would prevent Vendor from getting started setting up their store (Settings > Vendor Registration).

Thanks

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thanks for getting in touch with us!
      It looks like you have already figured this out. Well, almost.

Admin must approve seller to ‘go live’

For this to work, enable ‘Required Approval’ from WCFM admin dashboard >> Settings >> Vendor Registration.
      Now to set all the vendors’ capability, go to the Capability menu. From here you can control various vendor capabilities. Like if you disable ‘Publish Products’ then your vendors can only submit the products and it will not goes live until you the admin approves them. To know more about Capability settings visit here- https://docs.wclovers.com/capability/
      Thank You!

CAM
      Participant

For this to work, enable ‘Required Approval’ from WCFM admin dashboard >> Settings >> Vendor Registration.

But if I set this, then the Vendor does not get to continue with store setup; They must complete a form, and then wait until Admin approves them before they can continue to setup store etc.

For anybody reading, currently the best method I have found so far is;

* Disable ‘Required Approval’.
      * Use a very short registration from (because is a bit confusing with verification code in middle of form).
      * * Now user can register quickly & be immediately directed to Vendor setup Wizard.
      * Configure Groups Vendor capabilities to prevent automatic publishing for new Vendors (ie. ‘Pending Vendors’).
      * Create another similar Group for ‘Approved’ vendors with publishing ability.

I think this flow works for me (however I still think in future release WCFM should consider moving that Verification code…OR paginating the form into 2 steps: (1) Email + Verification…then next step (2) input other form data.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.