How to apply free shipping in shipping by weight?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      javier
      Participant

hi friends.
      I want to apply a discount coupon for free shipping but it does not work.
      I am using the shipment by weight and I can not make it work.

Can you help me please? If that improvement has an extra cost please let me know

thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, if you do not set shipping cost for certain weight then it will be considered as “Free Shipping” – https://ibb.co/z48ZgKd

Thank You

javier
      Participant

It is correct however it is not what I am looking for.

I need each seller to set up free shipping coupons from a minimum amount in their shopping cart.
      But still consider the cost of shipping by weight.

The seller will choose the shipment by weight and if your customer reaches a certain minimum amount of money in your shopping cart then they can activate free shipping with a coupon.

If there is a way to implement it, I would like to know the cost.

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

The seller will choose the shipment by weight and if your customer reaches a certain minimum amount of money in your shopping cart then they can activate free shipping with a coupon.

– Well, it is possible to add “Free Shipping Threshold” for weight based shipping as well.

“Free Shipping Coupon” is really essential for you fro the purpose?

Thank You

javier
      Participant

Hi, yes its important.

By default the seller uses shipping by weight, but we want that when reaching a minimum purchase in money the customers can apply a free shipping coupon.

To apply the free shipping coupon we are not interested in the weight total, we are interested in the purchase amount of the purchase cart.

thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

By default the seller uses shipping by weight, but we want that when reaching a minimum purchase in money the customers can apply a free shipping coupon.

– If customer reaches “Free Shipping Threshold” then free shipping will be auto-applied, why coupon is required/essential?

Thank You

javier
      Participant

hi friends.

The coupon is important because if a seller has different categories of products in his shop then he can choose to which categories or products he can apply his free shipping.
      imagine that the seller sells technology and clothing for women, then the seller decides that their shipments will be as follows:

1kg – 2kg = 10 usd
      2kg – 4kg = 10 usd

the customer buys different pieces of women’s clothing and its weight is 2 kg, then he would pay 10 usd shipping, but if the total of his product is more than 400 usd in women’s clothing then the customer can apply a coupon of discount to get free shipping.

regards

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

How you have setup vendor shipping? Is this “weight based” or “zone wise”?

If zone wise, then Free Shipping will be automatically applied as per Free Shipping threshold limit setting.

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.