How to let Vendor choose for Banner Slider instead of static image?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate How to let Vendor choose for Banner Slider instead of static image?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Henriette
      Participant

Hi,

It’s me again, sorry.

On Vendor Dashoboard Vendor can only choose Static Image as a banner.
      I have searched in Admin Dashboard how to enable Slider banner for vendor also but I can not find it.

Am I missing something because I thought it was possible for vendor to choose from three types of banners (Image, Slider, and Video) right?

B.t.w. I don’t need video but it would be nice if Vendor could choose a slider. Maybe depending on Vendor group/membership also?

SebastianFloKa
      Participant

Hi,
      You have Groups&Staff? If so, did you already check in the capability controller of the specific group you created? On the bottom in left row under “settings inside” you find the banner, on the top in the right row under “marcetplace” you should find video banner and slider banner.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Henriette
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
      Feel a little bit stupid now because I indeed have Groups & Staff. Never thought of checking there.
      Sorry for the inconvenience. It’s okay now.

Love your plugin. Thank you!

Henriette
      Participant

It’s okay now. Thank you.
      Never mind the attachment :/

Attachments:
      SebastianFloKa
      Participant

Hi, I’m also just user or better to say try to become a user (more than 5 months now of trying to make WCFM run as required …)

I have no video banner running so far, but maybe following post can help?
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/how-do-we-make-the-vendor-store-video-banner-fill-in-the-whole-banner-space/

If not, please respond again and WCFM Support will answer for sure.

SebastianFloKa
      Participant

… sorry, sent too early. I checked on my system and it makes sense that list banner is not possible to be video banner. You should check at store-banner, there the option should appear.

Hello,

To video banner in “Store list:” page please insert the Youtube video link (PFA)

Thanks

Attachments:
      Henriette
      Participant

@SebastianFloKa I hope I don’t have to spent as much time as you on trying to make WCFM run as required.
      My biggest problem is the translation. There is a translation file in my language but it has a lot of flaws.
      I’ve been busy for weeks now with the proper translations before I can setup the store because with a lot of things I don’t understand what it means in my language.
      Besides that some other language files have 600 lines of translation strings while in my language file there are only 300 lines of strings.
      Once I find the string in English (in Notepad++)I understand better what they mean than in my own language (translation file).

Anyway, I don’t want a video banner at all.
      In my last post I confused Banner Type with List Banner Type.
      So now Vendor has the capability to choose also a slider as a Banner Type.

Thank you for your reply.
      Maybe we can learn from eachother 😉

SebastianFloKa
      Participant

… respectively slider banner …

Henriette
      Participant

I checked on my system and it makes sense that list banner is not possible to be video banner.

We submitted almost at the same time. Please check my previous post 😉

Henriette
      Participant

Although what I don’t understand is that when List Banner Type Video/Slider is not possible than why is that field also a dropdown list?
      That is confusing for Vendor.

Attachments:
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.