Inquiry issues

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      r_guayaquil
      Participant

I have some issues with the inquiry option.

1) When a customer asks an inquiry to a vendor, the vendor can reply but he cannot see what is the customers email. As a vendor where can I see the customers email?

2) When I reply as a vendor, the customer gets an email notification with the answer, but it says that it comes from the admin email account, not from the vendors. So if the customer wants to respond, the admin will receive the email and not the vendor. See image inquiry.jpg

3) When a customer gets the reply in his email account, it says More Details here. As a customer when I click there, it takes me to online store but logged in with the vendors account. Why is that? The customer hasn’t even registered. Is there a way to edit and delete the part that says “More Details here”.

4) Also, I sent two replies as a vendor to the customer, but the customer only got one email. The second email didn’t receive it not even as a spam. See image inquiry1

Thanks a lot for the help!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

1) When a customer asks an inquiry to a vendor, the vendor can reply but he cannot see what is the customers email. As a vendor where can I see the customers email?

*** Customer email not visible in that way. But vendor may get that from enquiry notification email.

2) When I reply as a vendor, the customer gets an email notification with the answer, but it says that it comes from the admin email account, not from the vendors. So if the customer wants to respond, the admin will receive the email and not the vendor. See image inquiry.jpg

*** Yeah right, emails are triggered from Site Admin email all the time. But vendor may also directly reply from their notification email then it will be from vendor’s own email.

3) When a customer gets the reply in his email account, it says More Details here. As a customer when I click there, it takes me to online store but logged in with the vendors account. Why is that? The customer hasn’t even registered. Is there a way to edit and delete the part that says “More Details here”.

*** Possibly you were previously logged in to the site using vendor account from that browser.

4) Also, I sent two replies as a vendor to the customer, but the customer only got one email. The second email didn’t receive it not even as a spam. See image inquiry1

*** Same reply? If so, then mail server and mail client hide those!

Thank You

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

*** Customer email not visible in that way. But vendor may get that from enquiry notification email.

I just checked and the vendor gets the notification email from the admin, not the customer. So there is no customer email.

*** Yeah right, emails are triggered from Site Admin email all the time.

Can I change that? The emails can be triggered from vendors email?

*** Same reply? If so, then mail server and mail client hide those!

I sent 2 different replies to the customer.

Thanks for the help!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I just checked and the vendor gets the notification email from the admin, not the customer. So there is no customer email.

*** Customer email in mail CC

Can I change that? The emails can be triggered from vendors email?

*** No, it’s not possible. But you may change email from setting -> https://ibb.co/b68m202

I sent 2 different replies to the customer.

*** Please install this and be sure emails are triggered or not? https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/

Thank You

Weslley

Eu respondo o cliente e chega corretamente as notificações, mas não aparece na aba de respostas do produto.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, you have to enable this option to make Enquiry reply visible at product page – https://ibb.co/SnHVXGM

Thank You

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

As a suggestion I think it would be better that emails are triggered from vendors email account since the customer is asking directly to a specific vendor.

Hope you can improve the inquiry module.

Thanks for the help!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“Hope you can improve the inquiry module.”

*** I am not very sure, will this improve Inquiry module or not! As Vendor already has option to reply directly from their email (From Enquiry Notification email).
      But this will reduce site’s security that’s be sure!

Thank You

Luke

Hi. I’m having an Inquiry-issue.

I used the shortcode [wcfm_inquiry] on Single product page (designed with Elementor).
      But when I try the function, the inquiry goes to my account (admin), it doesn’t go to vendor’s account.
      I need a solution please.
      Thanks in advance !!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

What it’s showing in single product page, a button right?

It’s not opening a popup on-click?

How you are redirect to My Account page?

Thank You

Luke

Yes. There’s a button and the pop up opens correctly.
      But when the enquiry is sent, it shows on admin’s store manager enquiry dashboard.
      The item on the list has the enquiry, product name, customer but no store or vendor name.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Are you sending Enquiry for a vendor’s product? Or, try from vendor store page!

Thank You

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

Can I disable the add to cart button for a specific vendor in his products so he can only have available the enquiry button?

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, this only possible if all products from that vendor marked as “Catalog”.

Now, this is possible by custom coding.

Thank You

r_guayaquil
      Participant

Hi,

With the group adn staff add-on i can configure that some vendors can only have available the add to cart button in his products with no enquiry button, and other vendors have only available the enquiry button witn no add to cart button?

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, there is no such capability control “Add to Cart” button.

Thank You

Luke

Hi,

Are you sending Enquiry for a vendor’s product? Or, try from vendor store page!

Thank You

Hi, i’m sending Enquiry for a vendor’s product. It goes to my wcfm admin dashboard.

The enquiry from vendor store page works fine (goes to vendor’s wcfm dashboard).

I tested it twice with different accounts (not admin) getting the same result.

Help please.
      Thanks in advance

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Vendors will receive enquiry for both – Store Query and Vendor’s products query.

Well, we are checking this once again.

Thank you

Jeffs

Well, you have to enable this option to make Enquiry reply visible at product page – https://ibb.co/SnHVXGM

Thank You

Is there any chance to make the “post to product page” default to enabled ?

Such that every replied is posted on the product page.

Many vendors forgot to check the “enable to product page” hence having to answer one type of questions multiple times.
      Can be frustrating.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, Enquiry replies are threaded (many reply possible), do you want to show all those under Products page?

Thank You

Jeffs.north
      Participant

Yes . Will like to.

Just that it help save having to answer same questions multiple times over.

If all questions and answers are threaded and visible by default on the product page.

Many users might find answers to their inquiries from previous inquiries answers .

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Understand, but Enquiry communication is private between Vendor – Customer.

Open this as Public will not good, atleast we can do this in our plugin’s core. In such case we advise to use any open forum, e.g. BB Press

We have kept “Stick option” for this purpose, so that vendor may mark most appropriate answer as “Stick” and then it will be visible to all.

If you really want to show full communication then we can implement this for you as a custom development.

Thank You

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Inquiry issues’ is closed to new replies.