Inquiry notifications not going out via SendGrid

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      richenda
      Participant

We are troubleshooting why some of our emails are going out but others are not.

We are using WCFM, SendGrid to send emails, and Kinsta and Bluehost as hosting and registrar, respectively. We’re using WP Mail Log to compare records with SendGrid’s activity.

The missing emails appear to all be WCFM-generated Inquiry alerts. Both vendors and buyers are not getting notifications. In WCFM & WP Mail Log we can see all the messages are being correctly generated by WCFM and logged. But many do not appear in SendGrid at all.

For example, in WP Mail Log we see that on Dec 18th Vendor CFlum both sent and received a number of messages (10 to Buyers, 4 from Buyers to CFlum). SendGrid’s last interaction with a CFlum message is on December 8th (not the 18th). All 10 of her outbound messages to Buyers are not in SendGrid at all. What is really confounding is that other vendors and buyers ARE getting their notifications.

We have confirmed that all Notification settings are On for Inquiries.

We are also reaching out to SendGrid to make sure there isn’t a connectivity issue between our site and them.

Thanks very much for your help

richenda
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      richenda
      Participant

From SendGrid:

I was likewise unable to locate any recent requests for those email addresses, so it does seem to me that we are simply not receiving them (even if we were dropping them, we would have a record of that).

The JSON call of your requests will help us determine if there might be specific issue with the call that is preventing us from receiving these requests.

So it’s probably something in the call. If you could share that I’ll pass it on to them.

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Well, emails are logged at WP Mail Log that means emails are generated and triggered from WP site.

But why those are not received at SendGrid, I have no idea.

WP site emails are triggered using “wp_mail” function. What kind of JSON they are looking for?

Thank You

richenda
      Participant

Hello, hope you all had a good holiday break! 🙂

Here’s what I got back from SendGrid:

The JSON payload we are looking for, would just be the specific request that is being used to send/request the email from your integration, to our platform.

Looking at your account, it looks like it is possible that you just do not have the endpoints that you need for the WP plugin, so I am going to try to toggle something on my end. Let me know if it works.

I’ve updated WCFM and tried sending a test email, currently waiting to see if it goes through.

richenda
      Participant

Hi,

The inquiry emails still aren’t going out. Any progress on this?

richenda
      Participant

Just learned that vendor verification emails aren’t going out, either. I’ve disabled the feature for now.

richenda
      Participant

1) The vendor account verification emails are appearing in WP Mail Log, but not reaching SendGrid.

2) I have tried disabling “Email Verification on Registration” under Member Settings but existing users still see the verification and can’t update their profiles without the emailed code.

richenda
      Participant

Hi, this is still not working and it’s been over 1 month since we got an official response from forum support. Please advise.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

What about site’s other emails like new order email? Are those sending out perfectly!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Setup SMTP mail server using Gmail and check – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ve contacted Premium Support about this issue and will add this to my ticket with them.

Yes, all other emails are going out as they should. It appears to be isolated to emails generated by WCFM.

When I activate WP Mail SMTP I get this warning:

“Heads up! WP Mail SMTP has detected SendGrid is activated. Please deactivate SendGrid to prevent conflicts.”

I’ve deactivated WP Mail SMTP and will let Premium Support know, too.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Heads up! WP Mail SMTP has detected SendGrid is activated. Please deactivate SendGrid to prevent conflicts.”

– Why you are not deactivate “SendGrid” and seup SMTP. SendGrid is already not working for your site!

SendGrid is a service we pay for to ensure our transactional emails go out and are successfully delivered. It works beautifully with WooCommerce (which generates quite a lot of emails) and other plugins we are using. We would prefer not to have to switch to a different service at this time.

SendGrid support has also been extremely helpful, and has requested to see the JSON call output by WCFM so they can look for compatibility issues themselves. That’s in Reply #101223 in this thread.

I can temporarily disable SendGrid for testing purposes and report back.

I would prefer to continue this with Premium Support via email.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

OK, that’s upto you.

What about site’s other emails like new order email? Are those sending out perfectly!

– You never answer me this question!

Thank You

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.