Is the plugin very resource intensive?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      alexdezi
      Participant

Hello!

I have setup the site with marketplace (first time) and love it so far. I noticed however, that my CPU usage of the server has increased incredibly (up to 10x as high as normal usage). Whenever I am not in the backend of the marketplace installation, the resources go back to normal.

So I am wondering how resource intensive is the plugin?

Any shared experience on this is highly appreciated! I am afraid to let the site out in the wild like this.

Thank you!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

NO, WCFM does not take that much resource.

Well, in site frontend there has many other plugins, specially theme. May any of those consuming high resource.

Thank You

alexdezi
      Participant

I have tried with different themes and on a new install, just with WCFM and Woocommerce installed. I tried with Flatsome theme, Astra and also Default WordPress theme. Always the same issue…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please add this line to your site and check once –

add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_desktop_notification', '__return_false' );
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_new_message_check', '__return_false' );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

alexdezi
      Participant

Thank you!

I did that now and it gives me this result: https://prnt.sc/rsxdr1

I inserted the code snippet about 15 minutes after 14.00 opened 40 tabs where I am logged in and left it running until now. You can see that in the past hour, with just the tabs open and not doing anything else at all, it increased.

Do you have another code snippet?
      Or can you point me to the part in the code where these requests are initiated?

Thank you!

antonio
      Participant

I follow the topic
      in attach my sitation with the cpu

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have another code snippet?
      Or can you point me to the part in the code where these requests are initiated?

– Well, if those codes are already added (infact I adeded those to your site) then no more periodic ajax requests from WCFM, you may keep open 40 or 400 tabs.

Only normal queries executed during tab open, but then no more queries at all. Atleast not from WCFM.

Only exception is WCFM Notification dashboard, it checks for new messages in every 60 seconds.

One more important point, if you browse WCFM Setting page again and again then DB hit will be higher as this page loads many setting options so number of queries is higher than other pages. It’s true for all setting pages, e.g. WP setting, WooCommerce setting. But WCFM Admin setting page is not a public page so it’s browsing will be occasionally and only Admin allow to do.

Thank You

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.